Senior Consultant at Spectrum Talent Management
Views:807 Applications:270 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:241
National Demand Planner - FMCG (3-7 yrs)
National Demand Planner - FMCG
A. KEY PURPOSE:
This role will be responsible for coordinating with different stakeholders to carry out demand planning for India market operations
B. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and execute the demand planning process for India across various Business Units
- Work with Sales and/or Marketing, and lead Consensus and PR, DR and MBR meetings; resolve demand-related queries
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales, and Supply Planning to help manage new product introductions, re-stages and discontinuations
- Drive improvement in forecast accuracy, bias and demand analytics by identifying areas for improvement and working to drive improvements through lead and lag indicators. Forecast Accuracy tracking would be at high level (monthly/item forecasts) and at lower levels of detail (Weekly / item / location/customer wise) and Bias at national SKU level.
- Development of detailed consensus forecast. After buy-in of consensus forecast for items based on sales, marketing, independent forecast inputs and statistical analysis this forecast needs to be further detailed into weekly buckets at the item location level for Production and replenishment planning.
- This will include use of advanced tools and knowledge of statistical forecast modelling, causal modelling and linear regression forecasting. High level consensus forecasts must be entered in to MfgPro or an alternate ERP, and detailed accordingly
- Review of weekly sales against forecast. Issues identified where volume fluctuations are out of range determined. Drives decision with sales/marketing to change forecast or keep as is. If forecast is to be changed mid-month in system, overrides will be implemented by demand planner with sales/marketing approval so that changes in Production, Purchasing, and all Supply Chain executions stay in sync
- Create and monitor a statistical forecast in SAP or an alternate ERP for rolling 3 months
- Utilize existing exception management and develop new exception management to drive improvement in forecast accuracy.
- Work closely with Supply Chain representatives to resolve product deletion issues related to forecast accuracy. Must remain flexible and willing to react quickly to real and perceived forecast issues.
- Collaborate with Sales and Key Customers to incorporate customer specific information into the forecast.
- Drive continuous improvement by examining existing demand planning processes and making recommendations for improvement.
- Maximize the forecasting technologies available.
C. KEY INTERFACES :
- Internal Sales team: Regional and Area Sales managers
- Marketing team: Brand managers
- Trade marketing team
- Financial planning team
- Supply planner / Material planners
- External Customers:, Traditional trade, Ecommerce, Modern trade and distributors