National Channel Manager - FMCG - IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI (8-10 yrs)
JOB DETAILS :
Job Title : National Channel Manager
Location : Gurgaon
Direct Reporting to: Head of Business
JOB PURPOSE :
- The role holder will be responsible for the creation & management of the Channel network for the business at the National level. He would be responsible to devise a comprehensive Channel blueprint keeping in mind, the current requirements & the aggressive Channel expansion plans of the business.
- The role holder will detail the essentials for creating the desired Channel network keeping in mind the regional complexities of the geography as well as our business strategy.
- He would also be responsible to define operating norms, periodic assessment of the same & enable corrective measure to deliver an engaged & committed network of distributors & dealers across the country
- The role incumbent would be deft in a start-up like environment and brings to fore, a strong challenger mind-set with proven abilities to influence peers in the sales team & effect the channel development & management orientation for the business.
- At any given point, the National Channel manager must be evaluating the effectiveness of the Channel footprint and drive immediate changes, in case required, in relation to the organic & inorganic growth plans besides the numeric & weighted reach strategy of the adhesives business.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Define & communicate region specific Channel footprint.
- Create & institutionalize distributor identification, due diligence, onboarding & management guidelines.
- Assessment of the current Channel, identify gaps & ensure sufficiency of inputs to bridge the gaps in the defined timelines.
- Develop Channel health matrices & periodic dipstick to measure effectiveness.
- Coach & train Peers & their teams to manage Channel as per the blueprint.
- Automate reports to ensure easy flow of the health index data to all stakeholders.
- Competitor analysis & Market Intelligence - Ideation to institutionalization of innovative Channel avenues.
- Create relevant RoI & Engagement models for the channel. I Club Plans & effectiveness on Loyalty index
- Design & roll out region specific Channel schemes & promotions and evaluate effeteness of the same.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS :
Measurable Deliverables :
- Distributor engagement Index scores. I Club / Loyalty programs.
- Channel schemes / promotions and the traction of volume.
- Identify Black/Grey Spots in the Channel map & fulfillment of the gaps across regions.
- Distributor Norms Training to the Field teams
- Process compliance & adherence.
- Retention & profitability of distributors.
QUALIFICATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
Minimum Qualifications : MBA from a Tier 1, top 10 B Schools.
Specific experience :
- Channel management role in a challenger brand in a fast-paced company for about 3 years & a prior channel sales experience of about 8 years.
Overall experience : 8 to 10 years, primarily in FMCG / Paints / Lubricants / FMCD companies.