HR Manager at Nalli Corporate
Views:3048 Applications:225 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
Nalli - Finance Controller - CA (3-8 yrs)
Established in the year 1928, Nalli has been a leader in the textile and retail business, and a household name for exquisite silks. For 90 years, Nalli has been an iconic heritage brand steeped in tradition, beloved by sari-wearers everywhere, known for its trust, quality and family values.
The current Chairperson, Dr. Kuppuswami Chetty, was awarded the Padma Shri from the Government of India, for his contribution to the weaving community. He continues to be the driving force of this family-run business, and is a liberal donor for arts, culture, and education, and has written over 60 books. The eCommerce division is headed by Lavanya Nalli, an MBA-graduate from Harvard Business School. She returned to Nalli after her stint at McKinsey & Co (Chicago) and Myntra. She was named one of India's fastest rising women leaders by Economic Times, has appeared on Forbes' Asia's Women, works closely with NITI Aayog, and is a frequent speaker at industry events.
We have a highly ambitious and driven team and are growing exponentially. Our startup culture values teamwork, self-starters, and can-do attitudes! We are looking out for a bright, driven, result-oriented individuals who can grow together with us in this dynamic, high-performance environment.
You can visit www.nalli.com or https://in.linkedin.com/company/nalli to know more
The Role/ Profile:
As a Finance Controller, the person would be reporting to CFO and MD. Major responsibilities include:
Filing & compliance
- Supervise & manage a team of financial accountants, assistants, interns.
- Plan and organize accounting work in the department.
- Hands-on operations and overseeing accounting work and filing of tax returns.
- Ensure compliance with government regulations & legislations; handling regulatory queries and responses
- Coordinating with external consultants and auditors as needed for statutory, internal or other audits.
- Receivable and payable management, Liquidity management and periodic cash flow management
- Cost control and cost reduction.
MIS & Reporting
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts. Prepare and review financial statement and management reports / MIS
- Prepare budget, forecast; analyses any discrepancy and propose any recommendation for improvement
- Developing financial strategy, including risk minimization plans and opportunity forecasting
- Working and coordinating with other department for cost reduction and business growth strategies
Building systems & control
- Proactively coordinate with the head office to continually improve ERP / systems. Coordinate with external vendors as needed.
- Proactively identifying gaps and fixing them by designing and executing processes, systems, and controls
- Prepare SOPs and Policies in areas such as accounting, payroll, invoicing, etc.
Required skills/ experience:
- 3-8 years- experience in core finance role
- CA (Chartered Accountant) Degree is a must; rank-holder preferred
- Prior staff supervision and experience managing a team preferred.
- Advanced excel skills required; proficiency in numbers and mathematics
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience managing finances for a retail / inventory-based business is preferred
- Desire to be involved in the challenges of running of a business that is fast growing; build scalable systems
Benefits of Working at Nalli:
- Highly motivated & determined team
- Steep learning curve - we believe in learning by doing and provide lots of autonomy to do great things
- Being the part of the core team - opportunity to be mentored directly by the MDs and CXOs
- Empowering place to be in - We believe that each individual brings in a new perspective and new ideas