HR at Munich Re
Views:176 Applications:43 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Munich Re - Underwriter - Motor Treaty (3-5 yrs)
Munich Re Role Profile:
Job Title: Underwriter: Motor Treaty
Base Location: Mumbai, India
Experience: 3-5 years
Job Purpose / Brief of Job Role :
The position is responsible for underwriting reinsurance motor treaty business in line with the underwriting authorities and client strategies; manage the existing portfolio and develop new business opportunities for India
Key Responsibilities :
- Assuring the quality of technical risk reviews and acceptances on Motor business, including premium calculation and stipulation of reinsurance conditions in accordance with underwriting guidelines, internal rules, authorities, targets, and client strategies, via closely working with Regional office in Singapore.
- Handling client relations, identifying and developing new business potential and new clients in collaboration with Client Management and Regional office in Singapore.
- Close monitoring of responsible market and responsible motor treaties- performance and maintenance of Forecast
- Compiling, implementing and executing Motor strategy, client and market strategies (in close collaboration with Client Management)
- Participation in projects/initiatives and in designing individually tailored/innovative solutions on motor relevant products
- Assuming special tasks, e.g. heading and supporting departmental and cross-departmental working groups and projects
Education & Experience:
- Post-graduate, if possible in an mathematics, actuarial science, or insurance qualifications
- Strong primary motor insurance knowledge in India with minimum of three to five years working experience in the market.
- Excellent underwriting, analytics, problem solving and solution-oriented skills (incl. understanding of numbers and data structuring)
- Good pricing know-how in non-proportional and proportional motor business as well as experience in the use of underwriting and pricing tools
- Good statistics/data warehouse and MS office applications knowledge
- Strong team player with own initiative combined with a willingness to assume responsibility
- Eager to explore new topics and knowledge
- Excellent spoken and written business English essential
About Munich Re:
- Founded in 1880, Munich Re Group is one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance, primary insurance and insurance-related risk solutions.
- As pioneers in risk assessment, we drive the digital transformation of the global insurance landscape, expanding products and services as new forms of risk emerge. From space rocket launches to cyber- attacks, from high net worth individual life cover to pandemics, we take care of risks, so our clients can take care of their business.
- Across Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, we operate life and health and non-life reinsurance as well as primary insurance businesses, providing global career development opportunities and prospects to more than 1900 team members in 20 locations. We started supporting clients in the Indian market in 1951 and established our India Branch in Mumbai in 2017 to service the Non-Life and Life reinsurance markets in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
- Find out Who we are, What we do, Our Strategy and How we can support & Reward you
Applications: Applications will only be accepted via the Munich Re Careers Page on the website
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well