HR Specialist at Munich Re India Branch
Views:993 Applications:29 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Munich Re - Treaty Wording Expert (5-10 yrs)
Treaty Process - Production and maintenance of fully documented processes (and sign off of these processes by the local team) for changes to standard treaty wording with all Munich Re guidelines and best practice notes (including all required dispensations are obtained and kept accessible for future compliance audits);
- Production and maintenance of fully documented checking/scrutiny processes for specific treaties or changes to treaties;
- Facilitate internal and external audits involving Treaties and related documentations
Treaty Production and Maintenance :
- Draft treaty documentation to ensure they are in accordance with processes and requirements, and that they make sense from legal perspective that protect the interests of Munich Re
- In special cases, draft treaty wording for complex legal aspects of an agreement
- Act as the go to person for any questions/issues and proactively share information relating to treaty wordings for business colleagues in Munich Re India Branch (MRIB)
- Liaising with internal and external legal review where necessary
- Ensure compliance of all specific treaties with Munich Re guidelines etc. (including ensuring that dispensations for any specific treaty are obtained and kept accessible for future compliance audits) and that any deviations from these guidelines for specific treaties are passed to them and deal with obtaining the correct dispensations and keeping them for auditing purposes.
Treaty Template Production and Maintenance - Approving all changes to standard treaty wordings and ensuring that they are also signed off by the Life & Health2 LH2 team.
- Establishing a structure to ensure that any issues arising from poor wording quality are passed on from the business to the local wording expert and, where appropriate, to the LH2 Wording Expert Group.
- Proactive knowledge sharing across LH2 through raising any interesting changes about treaty wordings in their markets in the LH2 Wording Expert Group etc.
- Keep abreast of developments in the insurance/reinsurance market or related legal issues and their possible impact on our treaty clauses via journals, seminars
Your profile :
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
- Detailed understanding of legality of contracts, wordings and impact on business operations
- Life Reinsurance experience desirable, solid experience working in Life and Health Insurance fields required
- Good understanding of Indian legal environment is essential
- Organisational skills enabling outcomes in pressing timelines
- Competence in producing high quality written material for a range of audience
- Strong experience and ability to build credibility with international stakeholders is critical