Senior Manager - HR at Multi-Act Equity Consultancy Pvt. Ltd.
Views:785 Applications:196 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:54
Multi-Act - Data Analyst - Research (0-3 yrs)
The primary role of the 'Data Analyst - Research' would be to collect & analyse financial data to identify patterns, draw statistical inferences and to convert the data into insights for investment management.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop deep understanding of Multi-Act's investment philosophy, research processes and analytical outputs.
- Develop data driven insights on companies, sectors, asset classes and financial markets.
- Assess the quality of data and perform data smoothing, aggregation, normalization, distribution on Multi-Act's proprietary data and third-party financial data.
- Build excel models based on specifications provided by analyst.
- Develop quantitative models to track & analyse macro variables.
- Prepare and present reports based on analysis.
- Assist Research & Data analysts to process data by understanding their requirements.
- Document developed strategies, models and other work in comprehensive manner.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Graduation in Math, Statistics, Science, Engineering, MBA (finance) or any other discipline with inclination towards finance.
- Preference to CFA candidates
- Basic knowledge of accounting and statistics
- Practical understanding of financial markets
- Advance level skillset with the Microsoft Office suite of products (2010/2013)
Good to have:
- Knowledge of financial applications like Bloomberg, FactSet, ACE equity, ACE MF, Capitaline, etc.
- Programming languages like Excel VBA, R/Python, SQL/Oracle
- Certifications in Databases like SQL and/or Oracle. Command over PL/SQL (Oracle / SQL Server)
- Certification of Data Science/analytics program would be preferred
Soft Skills Required:
- High degree of Professional code of conduct is expected
- Good communication skills in English (both written and spoken)
- Ability to manage multiple requirements in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Team player, Courteous and helpful attitude
- High degree of integrity with sense of maintaining confidentiality of important files/data