Recruitment Team at Mu Sigma
Views:3417 Applications:267 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:57
Mu Sigma - Apprentice Leader - CPG/Retail Sector - IIM/IIT/ISB/MDI/FMS (8-13 yrs)
Mu Sigma Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd
- Big Data tops many a list of business priorities, thanks to its growing volume, velocity, and variety. However, it is not data, but change that is the cause of anxiety to organization, bringing with it greater complexity and more data.
- The challenge here is that analytical thinking isn- t keeping pace with the rate of change in business. This is where we come in - we address the gaps.
- Mu Sigma is the world's largest pure play Decision Sciences and analytics firm. We help over 140 Fortune 500 clients across more than 10 industry verticals, to institutionalize data-driven decision making in a cost effective and scalable manner.
- We provide our clients with a holistic ecosystem of proprietary technology platforms, processes and people. Our unique approach to problem solving using cross-industry expertise corroborates our sustainable engagement model with our clients still further, making us one of the most preferred analytics and Decision Sciences partners.
- With over 3500 Decision Sciences professionals, we pride in being a category and career defining company. As we continue to scale, we are also looking at hiring the right talent across various levels in our organization. Our unique talent management philosophy has been critically acclaimed by the likes of Harvard Business Review.
Role: Apprentice Leader
Experience: 8-13 years
How will your typical day look like?
- Meet with the team of apprentice leaders in your team to identify and mitigate potential gaps in a client engagement, generating between $4M - $8M USD in revenue. Take actions to ensure healthy growth of the engagement - with focus on high quality delivery, client relationships and employee engagement
- Collaborate with the client services team to assess and take decisions regarding the health of the engagement
- Work with other ALs to prioritize high priority problems that need immediate attention. Typically, these business problems cannot be solved using a linear/single line of thought. Use first principle thinking, coupled with basics of math and technology to arrive at a robust solution design, while collaborating with the other ALs in the team
- Provide guidance and support for projects ranging from: core data engineering, design architecture, cloud capabilities to mathematical model building, evaluation and operational support
- We have an open work culture and encourage sharing of ideas; hence you would see yourself talking to team members across your team to understand their problems and concerns. You would be dealing with problems from team members, direct reports and superiors from various backgrounds and experiences
- Collaborate with the various business functions in Mu Sigma, like Sales, Marketing, Mu Sigma University, Talent Management and Delivery & Innovation, helping them from your experiences in delivery, and learning their way of operating, in return
- You'll also make time to attend meetings with the India Leadership and client services leadership, discussing the progress of your engagement, highlighting the highs and lows of your engagement and asking for help across the organization
- The workday stretches into late evenings and you'd find yourself talking to the client, presenting insights from work and engaging the clients in discussions around growth and future pipeline development. You would have to work on defining this pipeline and ensuring growth is driven by great delivery and satisfactory client engagement
- In short, a day would involve delivery - be it brainstorming on a project, QCing codes on Python/R/SAS or whatever technology it takes, preparing a deck for delivering insights and growth, collaborating with the India Leadership to come up with new ideas and solution design, driving client conversations centered around growth and guiding team members across the lifecycle of the engagement
What do we expect from you?
- Experience in managing project delivery for CPG industry - specifically with food, beverages, confectionery and pet-care manufacturing companies.
- Expertise in any of the areas such as Revenue Management, Sales and Distribution Management, Go-to-Market, Supply chain management and Financial Planning.
- Exposure to any of the technologies like Azure/AWS cloud Ecosystem, Tableau, Power BI, R, Python and PySpark is mandatory.
- Experience in any of Data Engineering, Descriptive and Inferential Statistics, Modelling and Model Operationalization is mandatory.
- Ability to make sense of ambiguity: To lead your team out of murky waters and keep the spirits high in the process. This will be a team with a wide mix of capabilities and experience
o An open mind and a knack for interacting and motivating people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to handle scale and influence other people and processes, to mold the environment in a way that helps achieve the team's goals
- Ability to apply first principles and structured approaches to problem solving as opposed to relying excessively on past domain expertise alone
- Belief in the - fail fast and learn- way of doing things rather than sitting out of the process. We need people who know when to - Ask for Help- and learn on the job
- A strong appreciation for Math, Business and Technology and an appetite to get your hands dirty with any/all of them as required
- Willingness to do an honest and continuous evaluation and development of your leadership skills
What do we offer you in return?
- An opportunity to build one of the first unicorns of India
- A continuous learning environment that will nurture you to become a great leader
- One of the most challenging and diverse work environments where - learning- is a way of life
- Top notch peer group which will force you to expand your envelope of capabilities
- Ability to assist and work with multiple business functions and learn the nuances of operations across each of them
- An open culture where counterpoints are encouraged and the emphasis is on collaborative learning
- Guarantee that you will enjoy every work day while being a part of a select group which will redefine the way decisions are made across the world
- An opportunity to travel to client offices across the globe, and experience firsthand decision making
Educational Qualifications: Bachelors in Engineering / MBA from premier institutions.