Human Resources Manager at MTR Foods Private Limited
Views:631 Applications:125 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
MTR Foods - Product Development Manager (6-10 yrs)
Responsibility and Mandate:
- Process: Responsible and Instrumental for driving the "Stage Gate Innovation Process" and following the SOPs for smooth execution of the Innovation process of the products in the category.
- Responsibilities include developing a Basic Research platform within the R&D Centre to input the Product development team.
- Provide technical support to QA/QC and production departments as required.
- Responsible for Safety & hygiene in Research & Development Lab.
- Responsible and Instrumental for carrying out fieldwork in the living communities/consumer groups, observing activities of food eating/buying, recording fieldnotes and observations, and participating in activities during observations of various forms of ethnographic interviewing.
- Key member of Cross-Functional teams and collaborate effectively to execute projects within timelines.
- Work closely with the Packaging Development team to ensure that the packaging innovations on the category are delivered meeting all norms.
Main Tasks and/or Projects:
- Closely work with Marketing Team and discuss the insights and feedback, while effectively linking internal innovations that matter in making a difference to the business.
- Building/Filing Patents for MTR based on knowledge on traditional cuisines and bulding a In-house Repository.
- Set-up and perform sensory analysis of test products and finished products.
- Conduct benchmarking study w.r.t. competition for assigned category.Perform or develop applicable analytical procedures to product prototypes, on-going experimental designs, as well as, scale-up finished products.
- Research on key ingredients, additives & etc for alternative Recipe creation.
- Provide Technical Support in building of new RM specifications to reduce costs.
- Participate and promote continuous improvement activities.
- Effectively communicate across functions on projects and products as required.
- Hands-on plant trial work and preparation.
- Knowledge management on NPDs.
- Work closely with Purchase Team for development and revision of RM specifications for NPD, Renovation and cost-saving projects.
- Work closely with the Recipe development team for smoother and faster development and renovation of products.
- Provide technical guidance, manage, coach, and develop a team of Executives as direct reports.
- Experience of over 6+ years in R&D (Foods)
- Experience of 2 years in the Quality Assurance area.
- Experience in being part of and managing CFT projects.
- New product development (quality, packing, P & L, Operationalization - scaling up, newer products.
- Knowledge of Product quality and Operational consistency.
- Quality guidelines for procuring raw materials (Support vendor development & quality standards at vendor site).
- New line commissioning & installation/ Capacity enhancement.
- Setting standards: Quality/Design & adherence to SOPs quality & hygiene standards.
- Passionate on acquiring knowledge & building new range of Authentic Indian cuisines.
- Knowledge of SAP.