MSCI - Specialist - Equity/Oil & Gas Research (6-9 yrs)
For more than 40 years, MSCI's research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world's leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
MSCI ESG, part of MSCI Inc, is seeking to expand its global ESG Ratings analyst team. The Ratings analyst is expected to have a strong interest in general ESG trends and specific knowledge about the dominant ESG issues for selected industries. The analyst will investigate and assess core ESG risks faced by the industries and evaluate performance along the key benchmarks for large publicly traded companies globally. Currently, we have a particular preference for candidates with experience and expertise in oil & Gas / Mining/ Energy/ Manufacturing sectors.
- Analyze and prepare ESG research reports for companies
- Assist in development of industry reports, country reports, or issue reports
- Contribution to ongoing improvement of ratings model
- Monitoring quality and developing and measuring productivity metrics to ensure continuous improvement
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Excellent research skills and strong analytical skills.
- Strong Communication skills- both oral and written
- Ability to articulate analytical viewpoints
- Problem solving skills
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Should be solutions focused and have the ability to work in unstructured environments
- Attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Comfortable working in a team environment across hierarchies, functions and geographies
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Minimum of 6-9 years of full-time professional experience
- Minimum of Bachelors' degree required. Advanced degree in related field (Masters or PhD) or CFA is preferred but not required