MSCI - Quantitative Analyst - Equity Index (5-9 yrs)
For more than 40 years, MSCI's research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world's leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
- The MSCI Index New Product Development Team is a global client-centric research group with a broad mandate to carry out analytical research to develop new index methodologies and enhance existing MSCI indexes . This responsibility spans all MSCI Index families such as Factors, Thematic, Cap-weighted and ESG Indexes. The team is currently based in London and Mumbai.
- The Index NPD Research group uses a range of analytical tools and methods to investigate new index ideas, carry out research and simulations to turn these ideas into new methodologies, conduct client consultations, and launch new indexes through MSCI's world class index production platform.
- The group works closely with other groups within research (analytics, ESG) and across the firm (data, technology, product, coverage) to implement the NPD index research agenda and benefit from the substantial resources and expertise available within the global MSCI organization.
- The successful candidate will be a member of the team based in Mumbai and be expected to take on new index research projects and contribute to their success from initial concept through research, development, consultation and production implementation.
- The candidate will carry out extensive back testing, research and analysis of equity strategies using historical market data and Barra factor models and portfolio construction tools to build new indexes and generate investment insights.
- The candidate will also work closely with clients to refine new index ideas so they meet the clients' investment challenges.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience e.g., quantitative research, asset allocation & investment management, etc
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in finance, econometrics, science/engineering or another highly quantitative subject
- CFA or FRM is an advantage
- Understanding of investment analysis and investment styles such as value/growth investing, factor investing, ESG/thematic investing etc.
- Familiarity with quantitative investment approaches such as portfolio optimization, long/short, leveraged positions etc is a plus.
- Highly developed hands-on analytical and quantitative skills (e.g., time series and cross-sectional analysis) and extensive recent practical experience with statistical and database packages (preferably Matlab, Python, SQL)
- Familiarity with institutional investment practices, buyside portfolio management concepts or sellside quantitative structured products required
- Familiarity with investment research and data vendors such as Bloomberg, Reuters, Factset, risk and portfolio management systems
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experience of writing technical and research reports
- Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
- To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.