MSCI - India Lead - Human Resources (15-23 yrs)
For more than 40 years, MSCI's research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world's leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
- The HR Lead India will be responsible for the HR Business Partner strategy and service delivery to the India business. With an established organization in Mumbai and a start up office, with rapid growth plans, in Pune, MSCI in India covers over a third of our global population.
- With Senior Leaders inside and outside of India, MSCI has a highly international environment and the HR Lead will quickly learn where our business is and enable where it needs to go.
- As an expert relationship builder, leader, coach and mentor, the HR Lead will become a critical leader in the successful operation of the business and in the broader HR Community.
- Manage a small team of HR professionals in Mumbai and Pune. Developing and growing the teams- capabilities and the delivery of the HR service
- As part of the India senior leadership, the HR Lead will be an inspirational leader, not only within HR but across the whole business.
- Lead the build out of the new site in Pune.
- Determine HR implications of external business trends
- Provide informed HR consulting and execution to MSCI leaders to ensure that their talent strategy, goals and priorities are driven by business needs and aligned with the firm's Talent Agenda.
- Advise employees and management in resolving employee relations issues, act as a confidant for employees and managers to assist them in human relations and work-related issues and provide feedback to senior management concerning morale, motivation and people at risk issues.
- Partner with the business are on all key talent decisions, providing HR advice and expertise. Leverage subject matter experts from across the HR function as needed.
- Support the business with organizational change and development as necessary, influencing leaders to address complex organizational design issues where required for business success.
- Create and provide adhoc reporting, data management/tracking of key HR metrics. Analyze and present relevant reports back to the business. Develop HR presentations on key HR data or HR-related materials.
- Support clients in the execution of annual talent practices, including performance management, talent review, succession planning and promotion.
- Co-facilitate talent review and succession planning discussions and work with senior leaders to help implement plans and conduct appropriate follow up.
- Partner with the Talent Management team to assess, define and execute the development needs of assigned businesses.
- Partner with Compensation & Benefits team on the execution of the annual compensation cycle and advice on structuring the appropriate compensation scheme for the different teams.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to define the need, selection and assessment and onboarding of new talent.
- Provide expert counsel and coaching to support business leaders in their roles and with their own professional development.
- Support the year-end promotion processes in liaison with global HR team.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- 15+ years- experience in a similar role
- Masters / further degree in HR or business related subject
- Strong experience of managing and developing a team of HR professionals over multiple sites.
- Inspirational leadership for both direct reports and the wider business is essential.
- Substantial experience as an HR Generalist and business partner / leader, preferably in financial services or information technology companies.
- Ability to effectively work with diverse cultures in a global team; sensitivity and appreciation for diverse cultural norms/styles.
- Experience of owning and developing employee engagement across MSCI's Indian offices.
- In depth experience of working in an international environment.
- Experience working with high expectations, senior executives and has demonstrated influence and persuasion.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills and a flexible approach. Demonstrated expertise building consensus on a cross-functional basis.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience serving in a consultative capacity to senior business leaders, shaping organizational strategy, goals and alignment
- Well organized, thorough and detailed, with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Discretion and ability to deal with sensitive issues.
- Experience working with the various HR disciplines including compensation, recruiting, employee relations, organizational development, talent management and diversity.
- Experience managing a variety of employee relations issues.
- Highly motivated, team work, highly proactive and with initiative.
- Analytical and creative-capable of flexing solutions to changing demands: anticipating the local, regional, global impact.
- Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
- To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.