MoXpert - Engineering Manager (7-10 yrs)
we have an urgent role with one of the leading Edutech Group at Chennai.
Role: Engineering Manager
- Ideal candidate should have strong web and mobile development (hands on coding )experience and should have worked on large scale web application (design to launch) and should be from a product based company.
- Partner with a team of programmers and provide effective guidance as they are developing consumer-facing, new-age, digital-first educational products.
- You should have prior experience leading the development of tech products which have reached significant scale in the market.
- Sharp understanding of front-end and back-end application technologies.
- Strong hold on common software-programming design principles.
- Familiarity with a variety of data-stores is expected.
- Good knowledge of AGILE product development lifecycle and the process tools:
- SCRUM, JIRA-like tools; Familiarity with Pair Programming is a must.
- Functional Skill sets: Since working on our product involves core mobile and web technologies, we are looking for people with good programming skills in the following areas:
- Mobile Development skills include native Flutter, iOS (Swift), native Android (Kotlin), React Native.
- Multiple Machine Learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch), Bot frameworks (Microsoft Bot Framework, DialogFlow) and Computer Vision frameworks (OpenCV, Google Cloud Vision API).
- Critical Traits and Qualities: Ability to get things done, being transparent and willing to learn are crucial to success in dynamic cultural environment
- Exceptional ability to execute - get hands dirty, generate/manage resources, work within constraints
Key responsibilities: Design and lead the development of an education-technology product spanning web and mobile front ends and a micro-services back-end.
The users would include teachers, students, parents and school owners.
- Projects Delivery: Quality, on time delivery of agreed deliverables. Pay high attention to detail in all work.
- Manage QA activity: Work with QA team to use automated frameworks to perform all testing.
- Agile Process Management: As an Agile engineering manager, you- ll need to outline expectations, have faith that your team will be self-organizing, remove impediments to their success, offer support and assistance where necessary, and solicit estimations of time/resources needed for them to do their job.
- Hands-on Coding: Participate in the development of the architecturally significant components of the software system and/or interfaces.
- Own coding for one or more modules of the project
- under development. Also, participate in and own data centre upkeep and expansion plans (DevOps activities).
- High Performance: Obsessively chase app performance. Employ industry-leading tools to monitor, report and improve app performance, like NewRelic.
- Mentor: Act as a mentor for the developers on the team. Maintain high team morale Encourage creativity and risk-taking. Monitor team performance, reward accomplishments and report on metrics, which can be used for appraisals.