AVP - Business HR at Motilal Oswal
Views:3787 Applications:522 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:210
Motilal Oswal - Vice President - Private Equity - Pharma/Healthcare Sector (10-12 yrs)
Vice President - Private Equity (Pharma/Healthcare)
- We are looking for a senior professional in Private Equity who will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating, executing and closing private equity transactions to build a portfolio keeping in view the company's risk appetite return expectations and liability profile and portfolio management of such investments.
- Further significant responsibility would be on portfolio monitoring and adding strategic value to the portfolio. The person should have keen interest on PE investing and monitoring and is enthused to make a difference to the underlying portfolio companies. Proven record of sourcing, executing and exiting PE transactions.
1. Transaction sourcing - Build relationships with Investment Bankers/Independent Advisors/CA firms and source investment opportunities in line with the investment strategy of MOPE. Participating in conferences and other networking events. Develop a pipeline of potential leads in targeted Sector.
2. Lead the transaction along with an analyst on targeted sector - Pharma & Healthcare
- Performing extensive analysis using sound investment techniques, financial modeling, in-depth understanding of the business fundamentals, risks & opportunities, evaluation of the sponsor/management team, detailed financial analysis.
- Leading legal due diligence and financial Due diligence process for approved PE transaction e.g. developing the scope of DD work, selection of external consultants, legal counsels etc. and preparing the consolidated report on the due diligence findings for getting Investment Committee approvals.
3. Post Investment - Actively Involve in monitoring portfolio companies, including financial and operating performance, strategic value add steering in portfolio companies, preparation of periodical reports on portfolio companies and in 3-5 years, implementing exit strategies.
4. Fund raising - Though direct involvement might not be there, but would be involved in the fund raising strategy, put the data room in place, etc. and overseeing and ensuring training to junior employees on relevant job functions.
Qualification: MBA (Finance), CA
Experience: 10 - 12 years in Investment Banking or in a Private Equity Fund
Domain Knowledge :
1. Should have good network among intermediaries, Investment Bankers, CA's and experience in identifying deal across various sector
2. Should be well versed with the due diligence and legal documentations around a deal
3. Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience solving complex problems independently and as part of a team.
4. Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills.
5. Proven leadership skills - capable of taking leadership and ownership of projects, and to take initiative.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
7. Solid finance and accounting knowledge, and strong modeling skills.
8. Possess an entrepreneurial approach to work with enthusiasm to implement fund strategy