HR at Motilal Oswal
Views:1545 Applications:280 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
Motilal Oswal - Associate Vice President/Vice President - Proprietary Investments (6-10 yrs)
Associate Vice President / Vice President - Proprietary Investments - Motilal Oswal
Job Summary :
We are looking for a senior professional in Proprietary Investments Group who will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating, executing and closing private equity/venture capital transactions to build a portfolio. Further significant responsibility would be on portfolio monitoring and adding strategic value to the portfolio. The person should have keen interest on PE investing and monitoring and is enthused to make a difference to the underlying portfolio companies. Proven record of sourcing, executing and exiting PE transactions.
Experience : 6 - 10 years in Investing (Private Equity/Venture Capital)
Qualification : Excellent Academic Credentials / MBA Finance from a premier business school and/ or CA
Key Responsibilities :
1. Transaction sourcing : Build relationships with Investment Bankers/Independent Advisors/CA firms and source investment opportunities in line with the investment strategy of Proprietary Investments Group. Participating in conferences and other networking events. Develop a pipeline of potential leads in targeted sectors.
2. Lead the transaction along with an analyst on targeted sector. Performing extensive analysis using sound investment techniques, financial modelling, in-depth understanding of the business fundamentals, risks & opportunities, evaluation of the sponsor/management team, detailed financial analysis.
3. Leading legal due diligence and financial due diligence process for approved PE transaction e.g. developing the scope of DD work, selection of external consultants, legal counsels etc. and preparing the consolidated report on the due diligence findings for getting Investment Committee approvals.
4. Post Investment : Actively involve in monitoring portfolio companies, including financial and operating performance, strategic value add steering in portfolio companies, preparation of periodical reports on portfolio companies and in 3-5 years, implementing exit strategies.
Domain Knowledge :
1. Should have good network among intermediaries, Investment Bankers, CA's and experience in identifying deal across various sector.
2. Should be well versed with the due diligence and legal documentations around a deal
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience solving complex problems independently and as part of a team.
3. Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills.
4. Proven leadership skills - capable of taking leadership and ownership of projects, and to take initiative.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
6. Solid finance and accounting knowledge, and strong modeling skills.
7. Possess an entrepreneurial approach to work with enthusiasm to implement investment strategy