Morningstar - Manager - Structured Finance - CMBS (8-12 yrs)
The Team : Morningstar Credit Information & Analytics (or MCIA), is a separate Morningstar entity that will offer credit products and services beyond credit ratings. This entity has been hived off from the NRSRO i.e. DBRS Morningstar and operates as a separate legal entity of Morningstar. MCIA's goal is to empower credit market decision makers with tools and information that lead to faster, insightful, and predictable outcomes. The solutions to be developed and available through MCIA will further Morningstar's commitment to empower investor success by providing best-in-class transparency and understanding of credit markets.
The Role : Morningstar's Credit Information and Analytics (MCIA) seeks a manager in our Mumbai office. As a Manager, you will initially support MCIA's United States-based DealView product team in the credit risk assessment of commercial real estate loans and securities. As MCIA's suite of products expands, you will support new-product teams and initiatives, automation, and technology innovation. You will assist in project management where Mumbai is centrally involved.
- Manage a team of analysts that create content for MCIA products, including DealView
- Understand priorities and organize team workload based on business requirements
- In consultation with onshore managers, guide team members to develop competencies and actively communicate with the team to support talent development
- Lead operational and administrative tasks and support the existing DealView process as well as help manage any new products or processes
- Assist with, and possibly lead, the maintenance of databases and the validation of data content
- Should have good understanding of all the structured finance products across US and EMEA regions.
- Supervise the team in CMBS credit analysis to support the DealView product in a hands-on manner.
- Manage a growing portfolio of products; prioritize work, identify dependencies, and help resolve blocking issues
- Oversee projects and coordinate across all stakeholders to ensure the right resources are in place to deliver on key milestones
- Ability to co-ordinate and communicate effectively with the technology and business teams.
- Automate tasks to improve operational efficiency and maintain information accuracy
- Assist the onshore team with product development roadmap, prioritization, and product development lifecycle for MCIA projects
- Breakdown and analyze complex workflows and systems, identify inefficiencies/areas for improvement, and define solutions to improve the client experience.
- 8-10 years- experience in capital markets / structured finance, with CMBS experience a plus
- Detail-oriented, organized, and motivated individual with strong time management skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products and internet data searches.
- Independent thinker with genuine interest in tracking commercial real estate trends
- Comfortable learning internal templates, models, and analytical systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills using the English language.
- Experience working experience as a Product Owner, Product Manager, or a Business Analyst
- Ability to communicate and commit to timelines for product delivery
- Interest in and focus on building innovative software that users love.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.