Executive - Talent Acquisition at Morningstar
Views:121 Applications:31 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Morningstar - Lead Quantitative Researcher - Indexes - Innovation Center (6-8 yrs)
Title: Lead Quantitative Researcher,
Function: Index Innovation Center
No. of positions: 2
The Group: Morningstar Indexes Team leverages its expertise in equity research, manager research, asset allocation, and portfolio construction to create innovative investment solutions. It uses Morningstar's intellectual property to create indexes that empower investors to achieve their goals at every stage of the investment process - market monitoring, benchmarking, and asset allocation. The unit offers a broad suite of global equity, bond, commodity and asset allocation indexes.
The Role:This is an exciting opportunity for a quantitative researcher, who is intellectually curious, loves experimenting with new approaches, searches for ways to solve investment problems, and thrives in a collaborative environment. Reporting to the Head of Innovation, you will work in multi-disciplinary environments harnessing data to develop next-generation index solutions.
The newly formed Index Innovation Center will serve as a dedicated space focused on understanding market trends and customer needs and channeling that knowledge into innovative rules-based solutions. The Center will be responsible for managing the innovation lifecycle from ideation to commercialization with an eye toward long-term revenue growth.
- Leverage new technologies and apply problem-solving skills to complex and varied data sets to solve real-world investing problems.
- Apply advanced analytics and data science methods, experiment with new approaches, and use iterative change to transform proprietary datasets and research into new index designs.
- Write highly optimized code to advance innovation that improves outcomes for investors.
- Operate in a multi-disciplinary environment with specialists in investment research, sustainability, engineering, and design.
- Publish white papers and other thought leadership articles to influence the Innovation Center's recommendations and to support the adoption and commercialization of its ideas.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a quantitative or financial domain such as equity research, credit research, investment management, risk management, or analytics.
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in the field of computer science, machine learning, applied statistics, or mathematics. MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- Experience in using scientific methods, processes, algorithms, and systems to extract knowledge and insights from many structured and unstructured data.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that includes ambiguity and uncertainty in the pursuit of breakthrough solutions.
- Knowledge of investing, modern portfolio theory, and portfolio construction processes.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (Python, Matlab, R, or C#) in addition to SQL.
- Excellent documentation habits, presentation skills, and oral and written communication abilities, including the ability to distill complex ideas into simple explanations
Process: Interviews of shortlisted candidates will be conducted via video conference during weekdays
Know more about us @ www.morningstar.in | www.facebook.com/MorningstarIndia | Morningstar India YouTube Channel