Executive - Talent Acquisition at Morningstar
Views:206 Applications:59 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:58
Morningstar - Lead Quantitative Analyst - Index Management/Analytics (6-7 yrs)
The Area: Morningstar Indexes Team is a fast-growing business that leverages its expertise in equity research, manager research, asset allocation, and portfolio construction to create innovative investment solutions. It uses Morningstar`s intellectual property to create indexes that empower investors to achieve their goals at every stage of the investment process - market monitoring, benchmarking, and asset allocation. The unit offers a broad suite of global equity, bond, commodity and asset allocation indexes.
- Morningstar Indexes seeks a creative and energetic professional to lead a small team within our Index Management and Analytics function. The primary responsibilities of the team are to maintain Morningstar indexes across all asset classes, analyze the performance of our index methodologies and support our clients through research and data on Morningstar's indexes.
- The team is also responsible for maintaining index calculation quality including, handling complex corporate events, regulatory compliance, and production automation. We are looking for a team member with strong knowledge of financial markets, statistical packages, data analytics or decision science. This position is located in Vashi, Navi Mumbai (India).
- End-to-end ownership of index methodology and index reconstitution/rebalancing processes across asset class
- Provide methodology surveillance as a subject matter expert to ensure portfolios continue to meet investment thesis objectives and collaborate with research function to recommend changes when required
- Drive continuous process improvement by partnering with technology and using quality frameworks like LEAN/Six Sigma
- Coach and mentor the team members on the operational implementation of index methodologies and data analysis techniques, enhancing their analytical and financial knowledge
- Manage the day-to-day work priorities of team members and coordinate closely with other team leads within group
- Work closely with the Fixed Income Research Analyst on the Index construction process and propose enhancements to the methodology
- Maintain and own the Equity Universe for the index reconstitution process.
- Ensure accurate, timely interpretation and treatment of complex corporate actions
- Clearly and thoroughly communicate with internal and external clients, calculation agents, and data/service providers regarding index methodology, data and portfolio compositions, sales and client inquiries and issue resolution
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics, Management etc. and a strong interest in Finance A Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, or progress to the designation, preferred
- A minimum of 6 years of work experience, with at least 2 years of experience in Portfolio Management, Data Analytics Comfortable with basics of MS office, SQL and at least one statistical package (Python/R/SAS/MATLAB etc.) Excellent written and verbal communication skills Hands-on project and people management skills Creative thinker who is adept at taking an analytical approach to problem-solving Ability to collaborate with the global team and deliver quality outcomes under tight deadlines
- The candidate should exhibit a passion for innovation, and harbor a genuine belief in, and acceptance of Morningstar's core values.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
Process: Interviews of shortlisted candidates will be conducted via video conference during weekdays
Know more about us @ www.morningstar.in | www.facebook.com/MorningstarIndia | Morningstar India YouTube Channel