Talent Acquisition at Investment Bank
Views:4805 Applications:349 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
Morgan Stanley - Vice President - Portfolio & Transaction Management - India (10-20 yrs)
Morgan Stanley Corporate Services Asia is committed to providing long-term career opportunities for talented, bright and energetic people in both a stimulating and supportive environment where they can achieve their maximum potential. For more information on career opportunities at Morgan Stanley, visit our website at www.morganstanley.com/careers
Corporate Services Description :
The Corporate Services division in Asia is responsible for the daily office operations across the region. Standard office hours are 0900 to 1800 hours, but coverage is extended on a 24 x 7 basis as required to meet the Firm's needs. Corporate Services strategic plan is to anticipate and provide the space and supporting services for internal business units. The organization employs a matrix management structure with specific office needs delivered by local management and the functional teams support the local management by providing expertise across seven major areas:
Corporate Information Management is comprised of Business Information Services, Creative Services, Reprographics and Printing, Mail and Distribution, and Records Management
- Corporate Real Estate Management combines Portfolio Management, Lease Administration,
- Portfolio Strategy, Project Management, Performance & Operations,
- Global Governance and Property Services into one cohesive team, and is responsible for the management of Morgan Stanley's occupational real estate interests.
- Corporate Security and Investigations is responsible for physical protection of employees/facilities, pre-employment screening, crisis management and preparedness, investigation of internal or external fraud
- Global Workforce Strategy & Solutions supports internal clients in examining functions suitable for a move to non-core locations
- Business and Branch Management unify the diverse Corporate Services functions to enhance organizational effectiveness enabling us to deliver superior service, drive effective BU client relationships and to provide Corporate Services leadership at branch and regional office locations.
- Responsible for corporate jets and management of the Firm's relationships with airlines, hotels, ground transportation vendors and the corporate card program
Job Description :
- The Portfolio & Transaction Management team provides strategies, lease and transaction management support and services for both Firm Management and Business Units. Specific responsibilities include space acquisitions, disposals and supplemental agreements, lease negotiations, management of the documentation, due diligence and incentives.
- The Portfolio Manager is responsible for managing a full spectrum of lease activities in India to support the Firm's needs and interests throughout the transaction life cycle.
- The role requires a thorough understanding of transaction process and India real estate market along with strong organizational, communication and leadership skills.
Primary Functional Roles & Responsibilities
- Coverage of real estate activities for India portfolio, approx. 800K RSF over 8 buildings in 2 cities
- Ensure that all critical lease dates are identified and efficiently and effectively managed through a pipeline to maximize opportunities in the marketplace, protect security of tenure and manage risk
- Manage and execute transactions, providing support to third party Transaction Managers and coordinating with other internal service groups including Project Management, Legal and Financial Controllers as required
- Maintain oversight of all - business as usual related Real Estate activity i.e. rent reviews, rates reviews, incentives etc.
- Manage transparent processes for selecting service providers and landlords
- Monitor real estate markets in the coverage area to identify opportunities and potential risks
- Maintain sound relationships with real estate service providers and landlords in the coverage markets to manage escalated issues.
- Drive production of relevant approval documentation, including oversight of lease inputs into financial modelling
- Support Asia Head of Portfolio Management to drive departmental agenda
- Support the Lease Administration team as they manage the lease database, track and report
Cross-Functional Roles & Responsibilities
- Coordinate with cross functional stakeholders when translating the real estate pipeline into executable transactions including Portfolio Strategy, Space Planning ; Project Management and Financial Controllers Group
- Provide administrative oversight to the Portfolio Strategy team for India.
- Provide real estate input into quarterly and annual planning and budgeting exercises
- Oversee market analysis done by a third party
- Make contributions to the wider Corporate Services disciplines and offer support to all other areas within the Department as required
Skills & Qualifications :
- Bachelor Degree
- MBA or Master Degree in Real Estate is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years in a corporate real estate role
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent team, individual, and mentoring skills
- Strong collaboration skills that promote effective working across functional areas
- Exceptional organizational, follow-up and time-management skills
- Forward thinking; able to visualize and execute on ideas; strategically minded with tactical appreciation
- Thorough understanding of regional real estate markets in relation to strategy, transactions, estate management and lease administration
- Demonstrable experience in client relationship management, real estate strategy, transaction management, negotiation skills and vendor management in high paced environment
- Broad understanding of global real estate trends, best practices and vendor marketplace
- Knowledge and understanding of benchmarks, portfolio metrics and supply vs demand analyses
- Strong financial/analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to offer innovative options
- Full understanding of financial impact of real estate decisions from profit & loss, cash and NPV viewpoints
- Experience in strategic planning and project management is a plus