Senior Executive at Morgan Stanley
Views:3564 Applications:172 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:61
Morgan Stanley - Vice President - Counterparty Portfolio Analysis (7-10 yrs)
Company Profile :
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. Our employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Department Profile :
Credit Risk Management (CRM) provides independent oversight of the Firm's credit risks and acts as the guardian of the Firm's capital. We evaluate credit risk transactions and approve, reject, or modify them based on their overall risk profile and the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing or mitigating credit risk.
We assign Internal Credit Ratings which quantify the level of risk; establish and manage credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; and monitor and report on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Risk Officer and senior management. We also collaborate with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
Counterparty Portfolio Analysis Team :
The newly established team to consolidate and expand capabilities in portfolio analysis will work closely with Credit Risk product coverage officers in various regions. They will provide in-depth exposure analysis and risk insights for the global counterparty portfolio, covering all types of derivatives as well as securities financing products. The analysis will support senior management's understanding of current risk drivers, portfolio concentrations and correlations as well as potential tail risks. They will work closely with Credit Risk officers, Business Unit representatives as well as other Risk functions globally.
Duties & Responsibilities :
You will need to :
- Review and oversee daily exposure and collateral changes
- Analyze, review and escalate of period over period exposure changes, across a range of credit risk measures, including current exposures, simulated potential future exposures, stress test results (e.g. single- and multi-factor, as well as product specific stresses) and sensitivities
- Identify tail-risks and concentrate build-ups, including the articulation of probabilities in the current market context
- Establish working relationship with existing Reporting teams to prepare on-going analysis. In addition, create new prototype reporting and prepare ad-hoc material as requested
- Manage portfolio of small exposure portfolios and escalation of issues and trends
- Manage a team of up to 3 direct reports to create the ability to meet all of the responsibilities above across the full book of products as related to Counterparty exposures
Qualifications / Skills Required :
You must :
- Possess undergraduate/post graduate degree and minimum 7-10 years of experience
- Have experience in financial services, specifically Credit Risk Management and relevant project or program management related to counterparty credit risk, daily processing, escalation of issues and proposed resolution
- Be self-motivated, adaptable, have good attention to detail and willing to assume extended responsibility
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a high level of professionalism as this position requires interaction with Business Units, external counterparts and senior management
- CFA preferred
- Have broad knowledge of derivatives
- Have previous management responsibilities
- Have proven track record in working cross region and cross divisions