HR at Morgan Stanley
Views:408 Applications:73 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:31
Morgan Stanley - Manager - Compliance Testing (4-8 yrs)
Compliance Testing (IM)
Division: Legal & Compliance
Job Title: Manager Compliance IM Testing
Location: Mumbai (NKP)
Job Level: Manager
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Legal and Compliance
Professionals within Legal and Compliance provide a wide range of services to our business units. They might help to structure a complex and sensitive cross-border transaction; advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program or defuse an investor dispute. They preserve the firm's invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world. They also strive to maintain cooperative relationships with governmental policy makers and the regulatory and self-regulatory agencies that govern the firm's businesses.
The successful candidate will actively assist in executing in-depth compliance tests on topics assigned by Investment Management (IM) Compliance Testing teams (primarily in Americas). This role will locally report into the Director / Head of Compliance Testing in Mumbai.
Background on the Team
Legal and Compliance Center of Excellence (LCDCoE) is an extended arm of different global Legal & Compliance teams. LCDCoE, inter alia, is responsible for executing various aspects of Compliance oversight including monitoring and testing activities across divisions such as Institutional Sales and Trading, Wealth Management, Investment Management, and the Global Financial Crimes function. Specific activities managed by the LCDCoE include, but are not limited to, the targeted testing of business areas and/or compliance controls and the monitoring of firm, client and employee trades, outside business interests, negative news activity, and wires and securities settlement transactions, etc.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a strong candidate to provide data extraction and analysis support for its IM Compliance testing team. Candidate will be expected to:
- Access various Firm systems and ad-hoc reports to extract raw data that will be included in testing conducted by the IM Compliance Testing team
- Provide support for conducting testing and monitoring checks for compliance with various policies and procedures.
- Review, analyze and test various reports and other documents for accuracy and completeness
- Test, assess, and document the adequacy of Management reviews of various reports
- Identify business risks
- Manage multiple examinations and projects simultaneously
- The candidate may also be required to assist in conducting various compliance test reviews in accordance with the internal policies and procedures as directed by IM Compliance testing group from time to time.
Skills required (essential)
- The ideal candidate would require 4+ years of internal audit experience in Financial Services particularly Investment Banks, Investment Management, Mutual Fund, Securities broking firms.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and internet applications/tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have a high level of attention to detail & strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and deliver sensitive requests on time
- Must follow documented procedures however must also have an ability to propose a plan or approach where procedure is undefined or may need to be updated
- Ability to articulate key points clearly and succinctly in group meetings as well as in one-on-one meetings.
- Self-motivated and willing to assume responsibility
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of global markets / market regulations
Industry qualifications - CA / CIA or similar certification
Monday to Friday from 11:30AM to 8:30 PM. Coverage is dependent on business needs so flexibility on required finish time or full day's coverage may be required during some Indian holidays.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.