Morgan Stanley - Associate/Senior Associate - Product Development (0-3 yrs)
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) provides administration services to the leading hedge funds of the world. The division employs over 1000 professionals globally, with offices in New York, London, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bangalore, Dublin, and Glasgow.
The current opening is for the Client Computing Solutions Team (CCS Team) which is part of the Product Development Group. The Product Development Group focuses on building technical solutions to resolve complex problems in Portfolio Accounting, Investor Allocations, Trade Processing, Risk Mitigation, Client On-boarding, Regulations, Investor Due Diligence, and other important processes in the organization. We consult closely with our external and internal clients, build new applications, and continuously improve the existing proprietary web based applications.
The Client Computing Solutions Team develops tools to resolve complex business problems that are overwhelming and error-prone if handled manually by front-line colleagues. Complexity is often found in areas such as investor allocation, regulatory reporting, capital activities and trade transaction management. The Team is comprised of colleagues who have had solid technical education, and have studied finance and accounting as the chosen field to apply the skills. When compared to traditional IT Department which usually provides general solutions, the CCS Team tends to focus on very complex, specific and urgent circumstances, and the solutions tend to be highly customized for the clients concerned, and rapid turnaround is usually a requirement.
The CCS Team currently seeks an Associate with skills in programming and database, a keen interest in process optimization, and a structured approach to problem solving. The business environment is complex and there are many processes that requires deep analysis followed by automation. We are seeking leaders who can help further enhance the performance of the organization, by applying his/her creativity, and by making use of familiar tools and also new tools in the marketplace.
The Associate's responsibility will span across almost all facets of MSFS, working with various groups on such projects. Besides analytical and technical skills, the candidate has to have good communication skill, a collaborative attitude, high creativity, as well as being an independent thinker and at the same time a great listener.
- Liaise with BU to understand the process and the problem statement
- Design the solution which must be flexible to incorporate changes and scalable
- Develop the solution and enhance it as per the requirement
- End-to-end ownership of the tools built for client processes
- Envisioning scenarios and take steps to incorporate them in the solution
- Documenting the process
- Training the team-members as need arises
- Collaborate with other teams for knowledge transfer and implementation of solution
- Candidate should be comfortable wearing multiple hats including but not limited to Business Analyst, Product Manager and a Developer.
Qualifications / Skills:
- B. Tech/B.E. or an equivalent engineering degree along with an MBA/Certifications in Finance/Accounting or relevant work experience in finance industry
- Demonstrated interest and skills in technology and process management
- Demonstrated programming skills preferably in VBA, experience with other languages is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and ability to handle large data-set
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience
- Ability to take ownership of assigned task and client relationship and drive it independently
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently across all levels
- Ability to handle pressure, effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks with high level of accuracy
- Proactive, positive and self-motivated
- Must be a good team player
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.