Associate Manager at Morgan Stanley
Views:1039 Applications:125 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Morgan Stanley - Associate - Counter Party Risk Analytics (2-6 yrs)
Job Description : Risk Analytics
Company Profile :
- Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
- As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Department Profile :
- The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties.
Background on the Group :
- Morgan Stanley's Risk Analytics department that resides within Firm Risk Management (FRM) performs quantitative analysis on the Firm's Credit, Market, Operational, and Liquidity risk exposures. The department's primary objective is to measure and project risks across the Firm to support executive decisions and protect the Firm. Risk Analytics has main presence in New York and London, also attracts talent in Budapest and Mumbai.
Position Background :
- Risk Analytics is seeking a Jr VP/Analyst /Associate candidate to support Risk Analytics projects (IMM, Market Risk and Scenario Analytics) and regulatory deliverables (including reporting). The candidate needs to collaborate within the team and across a range of functional groups to fulfill the deliverables on a timely basis.
- This is a permanent role and candidate will start with a project within Risk Analytics (IMM) and later rotating across a few groups (e.g. Credit Risk Analytics, Market Risk Models, Scenario Analytics and Operational Risk).
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
- Research, development, enhancement and documentation of risk and macroeconomic forecasting models, methodologies and tools for regulatory and risk management purposes
- Perform analysis including model recalibrations, back-tests, stress tests, scenario and sensitivity analyses
- Automate Processes/Prototypes which will be productionized.
- Program, test and implement quantitative financial methods using Python, C++, VBA, R, Matlab and SQL
- Utilize advanced statistics, econometrics and mathematics skills including probability theory, stochastic calculus, Monte Carlo simulation, numerical analysis, optimization techniques and time series analysis
- Work with Technology on model testing, implementation and production
- Work with risk managers and other stakeholders to address their requests for additional analysis based on specific needs as they arise
- Participate in Regulatory and validation exams by providing documentation and responses to regulators and internal validators
Skills Required (Essential) :
- Advanced degree (M.S. or PhD) in a quantitative discipline, e.g., economics, statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering or finance
- 2 years of experience at financial institution, audit firm or consulting firm, on a quantitative role in a data-rich environment
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong technical skills in using Python, C++, VBA, R, Matlab and SQL
- Self-starter and highly organized
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills; ability to present complex issues clearly, both verbally and in writing