Talent Acquisition at Investment Bank
Views:13611 Applications:1389 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:367
Morgan Stanley - Analyst - Market Risk Middle Office/Data Quality (0-3 yrs)
The Morgan Stanley Market Risk Department (MRD) seeks a professional for an India-based market risk role. MRD provides independent risk management oversight across trading and investment activities conducted by the Firm.
Reporting to the India Risk Infrastructure Lead, the role will include coverage and analysis of information across all asset classes and business activities of the Firm.
Responsibilities of the Middle Office team include run, maintain and improve data flow processes, development of tools, the definition of metrics, automation and representation of information to management. The role will include significant collaboration with partners across the globe, particularly in Budapest, New York, and London. The candidate selected for the role will need to balance technical skills, business knowledge, process management, and people skills to navigate the technical and organizational hurdles of shepherding valuable corporate data of the Firm.
- Identify erroneous market data and appropriate sources for providing the correct data
- Analyze the impact of market data(Greeks) changes on risk measures, such as Var(value at risk )
- Resolution of any issues that emerge, in conjunction with Risk Managers and Technology
- Running the existing processes and work on improvements
- Operationalizing data collection processes by employing automation
- Conducting analysis on large data sets, processes and technology systems
- Collaboration with stakeholders and partners distributed in different regions and teams
- Coordinating work with technology partners related to systems and data
- Basic understanding of the financial concepts and risk areas
- Advanced Excel, programming, SQL and/or data experience
- The balance between regular and development / ad-hoc related tasks
- Experience in finance, risk or technology-related function is a plus (not a requirement)
- Good understanding of risk management concepts and financial products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Academic achievement in a relevant discipline
- MBA, B-Tech or FRM is a plus