Lead Executive at Moody's Analytics Knowledge Services
Views:3219 Applications:343 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:101
Moodys Analytics - Quantitative Analyst - Model Verification Team (1-3 yrs)
JOB TITLE - Quantitative Analyst
ENTITY - Moody's Model Verification team
LINE OF BUSINESS / DEPARTMENT - Credit Strategy and Standards
LOCATION - Bangalore, India
The Role / Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Quantitative Analyst to join our Model Verification Team.
The duties of a QA include:
- Verify and enhance the financial models underlying Moody's credit policies and rating methodologies in particular, verify cash-flow waterfalls used in structured finance deals
- Implementing model testing procedures and developing analytical projects to confirm the ability of financial models to assess credit risk.
- Building financial model prototypes, implement validation procedures, and assist with the implementation of new control processes for rating models and scorecards.
- The position requires collaboration with rating analysts, model managers, research groups, and development groups.
- Graduate/Post-graduate degree in Engineering, Financial Engineering, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, Physics, or Business preferred.
- 1-3 years of overall experience in credit risk modeling - experience in credit derivatives or structured finance a strong plus.
- Ability to review and interpret legal documents to translate it to bond waterfall preferred
- Working knowledge of 2 of the following technologies: VBA, C++, C#, Matlab, R, Moody's Structured Finance Workstation (SFW)
- Knowledge of SQL a plus.
- Hard working, easy to work with, and willingness to learn new technologies
The Department / Team:
- Methodology Development Group/ Model Verification Team
Working at Moodys:
- Our views matter. So will yours. The views of each Moody's employee matter and, collectively, those views contribute to our ability to serve credit-sensitive markets worldwide. Diverse opinions are encouraged and leverage the depth and breadth of experiences that our employees bring to work each day. We expect Moodys employees to be accessible and collaborative and, in return, Moody's offers a work environment that promotes intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor and collegiality.
- Our people and our environment uphold our core values of integrity, insight, intellectual leadership, inclusion and independence.
- Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management.
- The Corporation, which reported revenue of $2.3 billion in 2011, employs approximately 6,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 28 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com. EEO Language
- Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Securities Trading Policy :
- Candidates receiving an offer to join Moody's Investors Service or Moody's Shared Services shall be required to disclose their securities holdings and those of their family members as defined by Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Such holdings will be reviewed by the hiring manager during the offer process to identify any potential conflicts of interest. Moody's Human Resources department shall inform the prospective employee of any potential conflicts and remediation actions required. Any formal offer of employment is contingent upon the Candidate's agreement to comply, in advance of employment, with remediation requirements identified by Moody's.