Senior Executive at Moody's Analytics Knowledge Services
Views:4718 Applications:478 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:63
Moodys Analytics - Delivery Lead - Private Equity/Venture Capital - Financial Modelling/Valuation (3-7 yrs)
Moody's Analytics - Delivery Lead (Private Equity/Venture Capital) - Financial Modelling/Valuation
This opportunity is ideal for private equity professionals interested in working with leading global private equity funds and corporations. The role provides good exposure to various aspects of the private equity industry.
- Target screening & Analysis: Identification and analysis of potential targets through analysis of markets, products, services and financial synergies
- Financial modeling and valuation analysis: creation and updation of detailed financial models including DCF, M&A, LBO Models, trading & transaction comps, valuation analysis via different techniques.
- Investment opportunity identification: Identifying emerging and high-growth sectors for investment assessment through market analysis such as market size, historical and projected growth rates, emerging market trends, key drivers, etc.
- M&A and strategic analysis: Identification and analysis of potential targets through analysis of markets, products, services and financial synergies
- Commercial due diligence support: Commercial due diligence of potential investment through analysis of the market opportunity, target company's business model, its competitive positioning, etc.
- Peer group benchmarking & competition landscaping: Identifying players operating in relevant industry, mapping them by geographies, sector or other parameters, benchmarking shortlisted players on various KPIs
- Analyzing investment themes / strategies: Evaluating attractiveness of the overall sector / geography / company focused investment themes and strategies of the fund
- Industry analysis and dashboards: Deep dive industry studies on focus sectors, periodic monitoring of key industry drivers and performance indicators for specific industries
- Investment Memorandum: Creation of Investment memorandums, identifying key investment highlights & concerns, market opportunity, financial analysis, product analysis, arriving at potential valuation of the target company, return & sensitivity analysis
- Portfolio company monitoring: Periodic tracking of business and financial performance indicators of portfolio companies and benchmarking those with their peer group for timely identification of upside and / or downside triggers
- Project Management: Project structuring, planning, conceptualizing output, leading a team of 2-3 analysts, reviewing team's work, signing-off before delivery
- Client Management: Understanding project request, discuss project, negotiate deadline, handling client queries
- Experience of 3 - 4 years supporting PE funds at research and analytics firms
- CFA, MBA from a top tier business school
- Experience working across databases such as Capital IQ, Factset, Preqin etc.
- Strong business fundamentals and knowledge of business analysis skills
- Proven insight generation capabilities
- Dedicated and motivated individuals having demonstrated academic excellence with strong leadership, analytical, communication and teamwork skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
- Act as single point of contact for clients; Understanding project request, discuss project, negotiate deadline, handling client queries
- Superior problem solving abilities and strong analytical thinking to seek the why, how and so-what of a problem statement and ability to think multiple/alternative solutions to a given problem
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office products, such as, Power Point, Excel and Word to deliver the desired output in a creative manner