Senior Operations Specialist - Recruitment at MongoDB
Views:312 Applications:47 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
MongoDB - Team Lead - Analytics - Travel & Expense Team - APAC (4-7 yrs)
- MongoDB is looking for a Travel & Expense Analytics Team Lead to support our growing company's needs. This role requires a strategic thinker, but also someone who is prepared to - roll up their sleeves- getting into the weeds of T&E as the local analytics team lead in India.
- This role will require interaction across the organization and upper management globally. The right candidate will be a builder with strong analytical, excel, powerpoint and communication skills.
- This position will work in the Procurement organization and support the travel team to ensure that the company's overall financial targets are being met.
- This brand new role and team is to be based in our India office reporting to the Head of Procurement who is based in New York. By joining the MongoDB Procurement team you will gain an enormous amount of experience while accelerating your career.
This is a unique opportunity for high visibility and an accelerated career path.
- You will be the team lead for Travel & Expense Analytics supporting the travel manager
- You will perform data analysis of employee travel and expenses to ensure that policy and best practices are being followed and make suggestions for policy improvements, company morale and cost savings initiatives
- Work with finance to compare budget versus actual reporting and analysis
- You will manage a local T&E analyst to drive behaviour change that results in smarter, more cost efficient business travel
- You will develop, maintain, and measure Global Travel & Expense KPIs by Business Unit, Department, Functional Area, etc
- You will be the team expert on data importation various systems or a data warehouse using Python, SQL
- Negotiate preferred vendors and manage implementation of new travel program vendors, including, but not limited to, airlines, hotels, car rental, and travel management companies. Tracking and maintaining metrics on vendor savings and rebates
- Management of procurement projects to ensure service quality, supplier and risk management, innovation, sustainability, processes improvement and cost savings in the Travel and Expenses category
- Monitoring and reporting of quantitative and qualitative indicators in travel and meeting spend to management and stakeholders
- Internal customer point of contact, handling issues with Concur, CWT or meetings
- Strategies and objectives
- Communicate and implement the travel strategy across the different offices and team
- Set economic and or qualitative targets for each new partnership
- Be proactive and innovative by seeking and proposing new partnership opportunities in accordance with internal stakeholder needs. Be the voice of procurement in EMEA helping to raise awareness of the process and encourage business transformation
- Identify and consolidate requirements from MongoDB Internal Teams and Office Locations, have an excellent knowledge and understanding of suppliers markets
- Conduct procurement projects (market research, need analysis, specification of work, sourcing, negotiation, selection, contract management, roll-out) and actively engage internal stakeholders in the process
- Act as project manager on procurement/transformation projects by managing stakeholders and external consultants, planning, delivering and controlling projects
- Document, negotiate and administer master and related legal agreements
- Develop best practice and benchmarks by locations and internal stakeholders needs
- Be in charge of internal communication on procurement projects, referenced suppliers, agreements conditions, T&E Policy
- Work closely with Marketing Category manager to create a cohesive Meeting and Marketing events partnership program
So, what does success look like?
- The Travel & Expense Team Lead will be successful in this role when they can start executing the following strategic tasks/responsibilities after their first quarter with the company:
- Deliver financial reporting package to track savings and other metrics for global travel and expense spend
- Support the travel manager with data and research into new ways to improve our travel policy and provide actionable incite to managers across the company for ways to improve travel behavior
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred in an analytical field (e.g. Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance) or equivalent experience in a quantitative role
- Must have understanding of data modeling, data flow, and data quality best practices
- 4-6 years of experience within a travel management team or global finance team
- Experience with Concur Expense platform or travel industry would be ideal
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Highly articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master at Excel and Powerpoint
- Think creatively, highly results driven, and skilled at creating structure in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous within a rapidly growing business.
- Demonstrates the ability to roll up your sleeves and work with cross functional team member across the business, driving projects through to completion
- Management experience preferred
Life at MongoDB
- Our India office culture
- 100+ people, with teams in Sales, Engineering, HR, Finance, IT & Marketing
- Regular group outings and opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- Employee affinity groups.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive Health cover, dental cover, travel insurance & Life Insurance.
- Free lunch twice per week and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy and sweet treats.
- 20 weeks Maternity & Paternity leave to spend time with new arrivals.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer