Consultant at Live Connections
Views:190 Applications:55 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Model Development Role - Credit/Capital Risk - BFS (8-20 yrs)
Model Development - Credit/Capital Risk
Support Onshore Group Risk team in ensuring that the Bank remains compliant with all Governance requirements pertaining to development of Risk models. The person would report into Head of Model development at Group level and would be assisted by team of experienced modelling professionals. The person would report into Head of Model development at Group level.
This role would require supervising a core team of experienced professionals (both internal as well outsourced) whose primary function would be :
- Performing Model development as per schedule approved by Group.
- Maintain all requirements, data, code and reports into the repositories
- Supervise closure of all action items raised as part of Validation and Monitoring findings.
- Supporting Group to respond to internal and external Audit comments, Central Bank queries.
- Implement best practices in order to improve model landscape, model usage and overall model development process.
- Requirement gathering and solution formulation in consultation with internal/external stakeholders
- Model design including selection of appropriate modelling technique, segments, assumptions, limitations and likely risks
- Create and implement model development plans, regular communication and required escalations on timely basis with impacted stakeholders and obtaining approvals from required authorities in line with model risk policy.
- Maintain requirement, data, codes and reports
- Provide support to onshore/offshore team for model implementation
- Work closely with onshore team, external auditors, regulators and internal audit to remediate modelling observations.
- Having managed an offshore development team would be a plus
- Should have strong model development and risk management background in reputed bank/institutions/big4 consultancy/well known analytical companies
- Should have handled a team of model developers, cross culture experience would be a plus
- Should have hand-on model development experience on operational models (Application, Behavior and Collections), IFRS9 (PD, EAD and LGD) and Capital Models (Stress Testing models)
- More than 5 years of hand-on experience in Python/SAS/R
- Machine learning model development experience like NLP and Deep learning in financial institution set up) is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills - verbal and written