Senior Manager - HR at Mobikwik
Views:18105 Applications:404 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:64
Mobikwik - Legal Counsel (12-16 yrs)
Managing the overall risk, compliance and legal for the fintech from all aspects including business processes, customer identification, KYC and bureau processes, Customer service and collection related aspects. Ensuring the organization is covered from legal and compliance from the body governing body including RBI, IRDA as applicable. Candidate with additional knowledge of insurance and wealth process will be an advantage
This position is responsible for ensuring appropriate, timely & effective legal actions against all defaulters and setting up processes in department and company; legal advisory on litigation and non-litigation recovery issues; drafting of legal documents; liaising with external counsels for deciding legal strategies for critical matters.
Key responsibilities include :
- Knowledge of various products is an added advantage
i. Small ticket Personal loan
ii. Instant Personal loan
iii. Credit line
iv. Credit card
v. Medium to large ticket personal loan
- Develop continuous monitoring and improvement of the quality of the organization's audit and legal processes and its rightful implementation
- Litigation and commercial contracts
- Basic knowledge of RBI framework for NBFCs and ARCs
- Leading the legal and compliance for the Organization
- Identifying legal issues and risks that may affect MobiKwik's business (and ensuring that MobiKwik is properly advised concerning those issues).
- Providing legal guidance relating to the formulation and implementation of MobiKwik's strategies and policies.
- Mitigating compliance risks, implementing the legal and regulatory risk compliance program and to ensure that the MobiKwik' business in India complies with local and international payments legislation and regulation.
- Drafting, Vetting & Negotiating Contracts for the Organization
Skills required :
- Drive legal activity as per the requirements of the fintech start-up Organization
- Check ways and means for taking strict legal actions against the defaulters
- Ensure and standardize a process for effective legal actions against all the defaulters
- Provide legal opinion for taking possession/attachment of properties through legal means
- Identify the legal provisions
- Provide adequate support to field recovery/collection team
- Ensure timely legal actions are filed and effective results are achieved
- Drafting and vetting of various agreements, loan documents, policies and processes, and documents as may be requested by various departments
General requirement :
- Candidate with a LAW background
- Candidate with experience in FinTech and NBFC;s
- Candidate with the current role as Head of legal would be preferred
- Ability and willingness to learn the process and digital orientation
- Person should have Rich experience across diverse domains in the Retail Lending business
Ideal Candidate :
- Legal Head role in Fintech or Digital NBFC's with start-up experience
- At least 10 years- experience is a must
- Ability to handle compliance and regulators is as the added advantage
About the Organization :
- MobiKwik is India's largest independent mobile payments network connecting 107 million users with more than 3 million direct merchants. It enables users to discover retailers (brick-and-mortar stores, e-com websites, m-com apps, billers, telcos) and then start paying them with 1-tap.
- MobiKwik is powering payments for IRCTC, Uber, Meru Cabs, Shuttl, Big Bazaar, OYO Rooms, Zomato, Barista, PVR, Archies, WHSmith India, BookMyShow, Grofers, Big Basket, Domino's, Pizza Hut, eBay, ShopClues, Myntra, Jabong, Pepperfry, GoDaddy, MakeMyTrip, Cleartrip, and Yatra. The company has raised close to $30 million in funding till now from Sequoia Capital, American Express, Tree Line Asia, and Cisco Investments.
- With MobiKwik, users load money into the wallet once using cash, loyalty points, debit card, credit card, and netbanking to make secure 1-tap payments for online or offline purchases. Most MobiKwik users make 10-12 purchases every month using their wallet balance across diverse use cases such as recharge, bills, food, grocery, travel & cabs, shopping, entertainment, etc. Users can also make bank to bank transfers via UPI to friends and family using MobiKwik. Users today enjoy MobiKwik wallet services on Android, Windows, and iOS mobile applications and on MobiKwik.com.
MobiKwik aspires to be the largest source of digital transactions in India.