MindTickle - Data Protection & Privacy Manager (5-10 yrs)
You'll be joining Mindtickle's Information Security and Privacy team, which is responsible for various functions related to Data Protection, Security, Privacy, and Compliance around Mindtickle's rapidly growing cloud platform. You'll play a crucial role in all of our Compliance & Information Security initiatives including, but not limited to, those arising from regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, UK DPA 2018, FINRA), audit requirements (e.g., SOC 2, HIPAA), and customer/ prospects requests (typically large enterprises).
As Data Protection and Privacy Manager, you will champion the highest Data Privacy standards and drive forward compliance across all of Mindtickle. Crucial to this role will be an expert knowledge of international Data Protection laws and a proactive and pragmatic approach toward Data Privacy and Compliance.
What's in it for you?
- Act as the single point of contact for all privacy-related topics, including communication with customers and prospects, including RFPs, emails, contracts, or privacy calls.
- Closely working with the internal legal team and external legal counsel to support the review of third parties/customer data processing addendums (DPAs), standard contractual clauses, security/privacy exhibits, and other Data Protection agreements.
- Lead the assessment of new legislation or other regulatory changes (GDPR, CCPA, UK DPA 2018, LGPD, PIPEDA, Swiss FDAP, etc.) and make recommendations as necessary to ensure that risks are mitigated as well as ongoing compliance.
- Onboard privacy solutions, design, build and deploy data privacy programs on the solutions to ensure compliance with privacy requirements.
- Perform due diligence of new third parties and periodic risk review of existing third parties, including processes around sub-processors.
- Own internal and external privacy audit projects, including planning, scoping, need analysis, ongoing project management, and communications with all relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain Records of Processing Activities (ROPA) and ensure Privacy By Design for new features/changes in the platform.
- Maintain the data protection terms agreed with customers in contract management software.
- Support in other industry compliance projects such as ADA, Section 508, WCAG, FINRA, 21 CFR Part 11, etc.
- To work flexibly and collaboratively across all teams in the organization while driving privacy & compliance-related projects, including sales, customer success, product, and engineering.
- Undertake all other reasonable and related tasks associated with this role.
We'd love to hear from you, if you:
- Have pursued a bachelor's Degree; in Engineering or Law preferred.
- Possess 5+ years of experience in Privacy Legal or Data Security & Privacy; exposure to Cloud technologies preferred.
- Have extensive experience in Data Protection and knowledge of relevant legislation, including GDPR.
- Own specialist knowledge in a relevant area, e.g., Data Security, Individual Rights requests, and related contracts.
- Have experience in managing Privacy audits and Risk Management processes.
- Possess excellent analytical and organizational skills and ingenuity.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Having experience in CCPA, UK DPA 2018, LGPD, PIPEDA, Swiss FDAP, etc is preferred.
- Owning certifications such as CIPP/E, CIPP/US, CIPM, CIPT, etc is preferred.
- Having experience working with a SaaS platform is preferred.
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal, project management, and issue-resolution skills.
- Can demonstrate an ability to learn quickly, take initiative and drive complex projects.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.