Founder & CEO at Mindseed
Views:4494 Applications:942 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:904
Mindseed - Vice President - Finance & Accounts (8-12 yrs)
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Our vision is, to change the world by unlocking each person's learning ability. We have been at it for 9 years now. But still each month when we look at Mindseed, it's a new beast with a new set of problems and opportunities. To tackle these we have radically changed how our business operates. We have rethought everything including the product, the school setup, the marketing and even recruitment, as you will soon find out. Nothing is written in stone and change is the only constant at Mindseed. While we have grown over the years, we have worked to keep the startup spirit alive through the pace of growth, change and innovation.
This has held us in good stead even in the pandemic that has shaken up the world, but especially the education sector.
Emerging from the ashes of the pandemic, the plan is to accelerate the pace a few more notches - get bigger, better but faster! Schools and preschool are only the start, we will use our centers as beachheads to give us a local presence and work to unlock peoples learning potentials through a variety of products and technologies which we are developing. Our sights are set on having 100,000 learners on the books by 2030. Yep, - challenging- is an understatement, and as our Angel Investor & Advisor Srikant Datar (Dean Harvard Business School) says - we need some equally crazy people to make it happen! That's why I'm posting this.
To achieve great things, we need more awesome people (we're little over 800 people now).
We are looking for a Vice President - Finance & Accounts (CA) to bolster our Senior Management Team, a partner to take Mindseed forward with us.
We are looking for the person who is remarkable at planning & executing the following responsibilities :
- Managing all accounting operations including payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash flow management, credit control and General Ledger.
- Complete financial reports, lead month-end closing process and conduct monthly financial forecast.
- Monitors financial details to ensure statutory compliance.
- Prepare Annual Budget and Monitor all Costs and Expenses to increase Profitability.
- Design, Execute and Monitor a Robust, Effective Financial Control System.
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate team performance.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Maintains an accurate filing and record keeping system for all financial statements and company documents.
- Lead Debt raising initiatives as and when required.
- Act as SPOC within departments and bankers to ensure smooth flow of data between departments
- Participate in the execution of changes to procedures, policies, and systems.
- Designs and maintains a robust MIS system.
- Provide regular performance updates to the executive and senior leadership team
- You'll be responsible to lead & work with a team, contribute to the noise during brainstorming sessions, establish processes and systems & ensure the deliverable takes place on-time, on-budget and is simply the best. The role will also be very hands-on, so we are looking for people willing to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty.