AVP - Finance & Operations at Micro Finance Institutions Network
Views:431 Applications:96 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:89
Micro Finance Institutions Network - Project Manager - Parametric Micro-Insurance (8-10 yrs)
Project Manager (Parametric Micro-Insurance)
2. Context of the Parametric Micro-Insurance project:
- Natural catastrophes like floods, droughts, cyclones, and earthquakes pose an enormous burden to the livelihood of poor and vulnerable people in India. Climate change is expected to drive the frequency and intensity of most of these events pushing people either back or deeper into poverty. At present formal financial protection measures are limited, which forces poor and vulnerable people to apply negative coping strategies whenever faced with a natural calamity. This vicious circle is particularly relevant for women, which constitute more than 95% of NBFC MFIs customer base.
- MFIN as a lead agency along with GIZ and Weather Risk Management Services (WRMS) is implementing a project titled "Microinsurance for Climate Change and Disaster Resilience: Capacity Building and Implementation Support" supported by Asian Development Bank (ADB) to initially pilot and then further develop a Parametric Micro-Insurance product for microfinance borrowers. The duration of the pilot is three years, up to June 2026 and extendable based on the requirement.
- Project implementation involves hiring of independent firm(s) and technical experts for (a) implementation of the capacity building work at grassroots level, including outreach and awareness building related to the insurance product, training for MFI staff and (b) Project monitoring and evaluation.
3. Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Work on various activities related to Parametric Micro-Insurance project. This would require assuming full responsibilities for the following:
- Responsible for overall project management on a day-to-day basis, identification of key issues and providing recommendations to ensure quality and timely delivery of project outputs.
- Coordinating with partner financial institutions (PFIs like MFIs, SFBs, NGOs) and project implementation partners on all project related activities and onboarding and engagement with PFIs and stakeholders for the project.
- Manage on-boarding process and coordination with partner/support agencies for training, M&E and other activities.
- Analyze and track project budgets, funds availability and use, filing donor requests for payment release etc.
- Project administration activities including i) maintenance of records including contracts and partner reports along with required supporting documents ii) guidance to partner organizations on policies, procedures, and contractual compliance iii) supervision all crucial process and content related development activities relating to the project and iv) timely release of payment to partners and verification of deliverables, invoices, statement of expenditure and other supporting documents.
- Ensure timely submissions of project updates to ADB, all stakeholders on a regular scheduled basis and on as and when required basis.
- Ensure open and collaborative communication among project stakeholders and donor including drafting written updates and minutes from key discussions and meetings on a periodic basis.
- Review and consolidation of data/reports and project deliverables of partner agencies for submission and approval of donor agreed milestones.
- Assist in all audits relating to the project and ensure all audits are completed satisfactorily and prepare Utilization Certificate in consultation with Auditors and Accounts team.
- Assessing progress of project by visiting field and meeting with partner agencies and clients on a periodic basis.
- Participate in joint field visits with other implementation partners for assessing progress of project.
- Collect qualitative information from the ground and providing feedback.
- Support in concurrent monitoring by M&E firm and evaluation of project deliverables by partner agencies using data/reports and flagging potential issues and recommendations.
- Drafting reports, bulletins, case studies, updates for partner engagement during the course of project.
- Any other work that is deemed necessary by Project Supervisor/s from time-to-time.
- Look for new and innovative ideas concerning the project. Stay up to date on the latest developments in weather-based insurance, parametric insurance and Natural Calamity related information.
- In consultation with project implementation partners, organize events (knowledge dissemination workshops, webinars, training programs, meetings of partners etc.) and represent the consortium to interested external parties, if required.
4. Required Qualification and Competencies:
1. A commitment to MFIN's core values of integrity, respect, teamwork & innovation.
2. Sensitivity towards gender, ethnic and cultural identities.
Qualification, Work Experience & Knowledge:
1. Postgraduate/MBA or equivalent.
2. Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience in project and product management in insurance sector, microfinance, agri-financing sector.
3. Experience of partner management in project with multiple partner agencies and varied stakeholders.
4. Experience of managing complex and political sensitive projects with multiple stakeholders and partners.
5. Proficient in MS office tools.
1. Experience and knowledge of microfinance operations, product development for low-income individuals.
2. Knowledge of parametric insurance and recent developments in measurement of impact of natural catastrophe.
3. Demonstrable experience of handling Project Management function for large, complex project with multi state and multi partner outreach.
4. Experience working on capacity building, technical assistance projects with multilateral organizations, specifically in multiple location long-gestation projects.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Deft in planning, organizing, and integrating multiple works and stakeholders in a time bound manner.
2. Client and result oriented professional with strong inter-personal skills.
3. Good report drafting and analytical skills.
4. Ability to work in team as well as independently.
5. Ability to communicate and present to senior stakeholders in the financial inclusion sector.
6. Good desk and web-based research skills.
7. Excellent written and spoken English and Hindi.
8. Willingness and ability to travel.
1. Advance expertise on designing tools used for report drafting and finalization.
2. Working knowledge of local languages including Tamil, Marathi, Oriya will be an advantage.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.