MetLife - Unit Manager - Transformation Practices - Centre of Excellence Team (5-9 yrs)
Job Description :
Position Title: Unit Manager
Function, Responsibility Level : Corporate Functions - Transformation Practices
Reports to (Responsibility Level) : Mgr / Sr Mgr - MLW Lean CoE
Location : GSS, Noida
Position Summary :
The selected candidates will be part of the MetLife Way CoE team, headquartered in New York, and will be responsible for leading the successful delivery of operational improvement engagements. These engagements, often referred to as Business Process Reengineering, Lean or Six Sigma projects may also include Change Management and Organizational Development (OD) activities. The focus of these enterprise-wide engagements is to significantly reduce cost while improving the end-to-end customer and associate experience.
Information gathering experience, problem-solving skills and ability to become a trusted business partner will help. The selected candidate will also help strengthen MetLife's adoption and use of business process reengineering approaches & frameworks.
The candidate should be open and willing for short travel at MetLife locations as required.
Job Responsibilities :
The primary purpose of the role is to provide analytical and consulting support for a team of business process reengineering leaders who are driving operational improvement engagements that demonstrate significant business value. As part of the role, the candidate will consider all aspects of people, process and technology, document processes and issues, analyze and synthesize data from a variety of sources, offer new and innovative ways of doing work and quantify the value of recommended and implemented improvements. The candidate will also be expected to become a trusted business partner.
The candidate will also be responsible for continuously improving the Process Engineering and Consulting group.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
Education : A bachelor's degree is required (preferences to science or engineering)
- 5 - 9 years of experience in operational improvement, financial services(Insurance/Banking) or consulting with a track record of collaborating on cross-functional initiatives that resulted in significant value-add.
- Demonstrable knowledge in one or more operational improvement frameworks, methodologies or toolkits such as Lean, Six Sigma or Business Process Reengineering.
- Experience in taking risks and learning from failures.
Knowledge and skills (general and technical) :
- Excellent understanding of the Process Excellence methodologies like Lean/ Six Sigma / Agile Management / TQM toolbox / JIT / Kaizen, Poka-Yoka etc.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels
- Excellent influencing and Interpersonal skills
- Exposure to MS Visio
- Exposure to Blue Prism (or other RPA tools like UI Path / Automation Anywhere)
Other Requirements (licenses, certifications, specialized training - if required) :
Leadership : A self-starter having the ability to: challenge the status quo, take risk, envision the future, enable and empower others to act and encourage/motivate others.
Information Gathering : Can creatively collect information from a wide variety of sources. Experience in researching best practices. Demonstrated ability to take large amounts of information, cull the information and then quickly target critical information.
Analysis & Synthesis : Ability to analyze and synthesize information using a broad set of tools, frameworks and methodologies. Ability to provide fundamental business insights from the information that is not obvious to others and leads to actionable, value-add recommendations.
Process Modeling : Ability to facilitate and document end-to-end process mapping sessions (people, process & technology) that identify issues, foster creating innovative solutions and enable implementing future designs that significantly improve operations.
Problem Solving : Comfortable with ambiguity and have the ability to take complex problems and simplify them into fundamental issues that are driven by a limited set of root causes. Ability to provide creative, practical solutions that can be implemented in the short term and in the longer term.
Communication : Successfully demonstrated use of a variety of communication approaches to foster transparency and collaboration; ability to build solid relationships with professionals within an organization and become a trusted business partner.
Technical Aptitude : Demonstrated ability to construct high quality client deliverables with applications such as Visio, Minitab, SQL, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong ability to learn new tools, applications and systems quickly. VBA and RPA programing skills are a plus.
Internal Contacts (and purpose of relationship) :
- Other Mgr's / SM's for the purpose of seeking guidance and training
- Director / AVP for the purpose of settling issues left unresolved by the SM/ SDL and monthly/quarterly evaluation of performance
External Contacts (and purpose of relationship) :
- Interact with State Side stake holders to understand the business requirements
- Deliver to the expectations of the client.