Merilytics - Manager - Data Science - IIT/BITS/NIT (2-5 yrs)
We expect you to manage a team and also work on complex, cross-functional analytical and research-oriented projects using advanced computational, machine learning and deep learning algorithms
- You will be responsible for developing proprietary algorithms for solving complex business problems while handling large amount of structured and unstructured data
- You will be expected to use relevant knowledge of computer science fundamentals, distributed computing, and machine learning to help build scalable analytical solutions
- You will ensure that the data science team works closely with our technical team and core business teams for the design and development of the analytical solutions
- You would need to combine business knowledge with statistical and computational techniques to provide actionable business solutions for our clients.
Pre-requisites and skillsets for this role :
- 2-5 years of experience in applying concepts in Data Science, Machine Learning, Algorithm development, Advanced Computing or Statistical Modeling to solve real-world problems
- Practical experience in at least one of the following programming languages: R or Python
- Strong modeling skills and ability to build practical models using advanced algorithms such as Random Forests, SVM, Neural Networks
- Familiarity with algorithms in recommendation systems, NLP or big data frameworks such as Hadoop/Spark is a bonus
- Strong independent and creative research skills necessary to keep up with the latest trends in advanced analytics
- Undergraduate degree from premier institutions such as IIT, BITS, NIT etc.
- Interested in working in a high-growth environment where your analysis drives important decisions
- Strong communication skills enabling you to clearly communicate your thoughts/work to the client or internal teams
What is in it for you if you join Merilytics :
- High growth environment : How fast you grow within the company into leadership positions with greater responsibility is only dependent on your performance and contributions;
- Semi-annual performance management and promotion cycles enabling fast track to leadership responsibility
- Unparalleled quality of work: Exposure to CXO level at the clients enabling to hone your capabilities; Solve interesting and hard problems across multiple industries and domains that keeps you always excited and motivated; Integrated technology and business teams that offers a strong foundation for building a sustainable data science culture
- Fun culture and peer group: Non-bureaucratic and fun working environment;
- Strong peer environment that will challenge you and accelerate your learning curve.