Partner at Stellar Conseil
Views:160 Applications:18 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Merger & Acquistion/Tax Role - CA Firm (6-11 yrs)
Merger and Acquistion (Tax)
As part of the M&A tax team, we advise businesses across various industries and sizes on the tax and regulatory aspects of planning, structuring, and executing transactions of diverse nature and magnitude.
This includes :
1. Evaluating M&A transactions from tax/regulatory/commercial perspectives, identifying unusual tax risks or undetermined tax benefits, and suggesting alternatives.
2. Evaluating restructuring possibilities, possible tax and commercial efficiencies, and suggesting alternatives.
3. Evaluating and advising on succession planning, wealth transition and family settlements.
Responsibilities and deliverables for the role include :
1. Undertaking detailed fiscal and regulatory review of the proposed transaction/ reorganisation - this includes evaluating implications of income tax, international tax, FEMA, SEBI, companies act, competition law, stamp duty, Ind AS, etc.
2. Identifying and highlighting issues involved in various engagements and presenting potential solutions
3. Drafting deliverables such as reports, proposals, opinions, presentations
4. Reviewing transaction documents from tax and regulatory perspective
5. Performing financial analysis to assess the tax and other consequences of specific transactions
6. Performing industry analysis and developing expert knowledge on functioning of selected sectors of focus
7. Business Development