Principal - Head of India at Mercury Capital Advisors
Views:508 Applications:154 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:122
Mercury Capital Advisors - Analyst /Associate - Real Estate Investing Support (2-5 yrs)
Mercury Capital Advisors is seeking to hire a full-time Analyst/Associate to provide support to the US Real Estate team in undertaking recurring research, data analytics, improving asset performance, financial modeling and preparation of reports, presentations, and other ad hoc materials. Typical job responsibilities for the role would include, but not limited to:
Research and Analytics :
- Support the investment teams by providing recurring research and analysis across target property types, assets and markets
- Synthesize and draw conclusions from large amounts of raw data from existing assets and assist the teams in improving performance
- Source and interpret industry market information from a variety of data sources (company reports, secondary databases, internet) and analyze key trends
- Summarize and synthesize news updates/research reports on relevant markets
- Assist the team in other ad hoc research topics
Asset Performance :
- Compile and analyze lease comps and rent trends to help determine market revenue terms.
- Modelling performance and projected performance of assets/Portfolios (ARGUS experience beneficial).
- Forecast current and future cash needs at assets/Portfolios.
- Running hold/sell analysis for assets.
- Assisting asset managers with annual budgeting process in coordination with operating partners/management companies.
- Preparing disposition models and draft memos for individual assets and full portfolio liquidation strategies.
- Modelling lease analyses in coordination with asset managers.
- Track portfolio metrics
Presentations and Reporting :
- Automate cash management process to provide increased efficiency across the real estate portfolio
- Automate the receipt of reports and financials from numerous operating partners and identify opportunities for increased efficiency of management report preparation.
- Support the Investment teams in preparing reports and presentations including components such as market and industry landscapes, financial analysis and valuations, and other property specific analysis
- Assist the teams in preparing other materials (e.g. PPMs, DDQs)
- Review property financials and provide variance analyses on a monthly basis by property and Portfolio
- Assist in the preparation of semi-annual investor reporting (Investor Reports/Financial Section).
- Assist in the preparation of semi-annual asset valuations (Incentive calculations/Taxes/Partner Incentive calculations/third party data/metrics); and
- Quarterly Update to the Disposition Models (After Year 1)
- Maintain track record - property level for realized deal & unrealized
- Review lender reporting package and covenant calculations
- Quarterly reporting for US investors
- Assist with preparation of year end asset review reports and business plans for the next year.
- Cash management tracking (maintaining cash sheet tracking operating and reserve accounts). Perform quarterly true up with partners to identify any distributable excess cash.
Qualifications and Characteristics :
- MBA from a premium school/ or professional qualification in Accountancy/Finance
- 2 - 3 years prior experience with Investment Banks or a Financial Advisory firm/Real Estate preferred
- Strong research skills incorporating qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Sound knowledge of financial modeling, core financial concepts and valuation methodologies
- High level of focus on work quality and attention to detail
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects. Self-starter with an inquisitive mind set
- Global mindset with the ability to collaborate and work with teams across different geographies
- Exceptional MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills. Knowledge of other financial databases
Compensation and Benefits :
Base salary above or on par with the industry standards; and discretionary annual bonus. The employee shall also be entitled to participate in any benefit plans, leaves, programs and policies that may be made available to similarly situated and designated employees and as per the company policy.
About Mercury Capital Advisors Group :
- Mercury Capital Advisors Group is among the world's elite institutional capital raising and investment advisory enterprises with offices in New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Palm Beach, London, Tokyo, Delhi, and Singapore.
- Mercury Capital Advisors Group is a fully owned subsidiary of Investcorp. Founded over four decades ago, Investcorp is a leading global manager of alternative investments with six lines of businesses, including: private equity, real estate, absolute return investments, infrastructure, credit management, and strategic capital. For more details, please see www.investcorp.com