Merck Group - Senior Manager - Strategy Planning & Business Development (8-12 yrs)
The task of a strategy development professional is to help Bioprocess India, design a path to growth and profitability amidst competition and constant change.
- Role consists of helping the organization to gather, analyze and organize information by tracking industry and competitive trends, develop forecasting models and scenario analysis, examine strategic performance, spot emerging market opportunities, identify business threats, look for novel strategic solutions, and develop creative action plans.
- The key focus will be on the structure of markets and the organization's role in shaping those markets rather than on the specific tactical steps required to operate in those markets.
- Better understanding of the organization's current strategy, considering the past trends visioning the future (- Strategic intent- ).
- Analyze and evaluate internal business plans. The role involves financial forecasting, market analysis, competitive intelligence, looking at industry-academia-government partnership proposals and feasibility analysis.
- The key responsibility would be to focus on customers, markets and technologies to develop new strategies that capitalize on the growth opportunities that lie ahead.
- The role will also involve putting together specific steps required to implement a strategy for new market opportunities in a new geography or business segment.
- Work closely with Sales organization to define the most relevant Go-To-Market approach.
- Support the Annual Strategy development cycle to define relevant initiatives and business cases.