Merck Group - Digital Marketing Expert (2-4 yrs)
Job Definition/Purpose :
- The incumbent shall be responsible for driving and achieving Annual Business Plan of Online Sales by developing effective Marketing strategy, leading technology development, analysing marketing trends and bringing competitive insight to the business.
- He/She will be responsible for collaborating with cross-functional partners to manage all aspects of the eCommerce business including, business planning, online marketing and promotional campaigns, microsite and lading page design, and web analytics. This role will work closely with the senior leadership team on the overall go to market strategy.
- The incumbent shall establish marketing metrics, determine product strategy focusing on innovative concepts & solutions.
- He/ She will act in alignment with and uphold Merck Vision, Mission & Values.
- Define and deliver upon all sales objectives. Ensure maximum cost efficiencies and balanced spending are consistently achieved; track and ensure accurate budget forecasting, program ROI and benchmark identification
- Perform research and segmentation studies to determine key consumer targets, insights, needs, wants and behaviours
- Identify and implement new opportunities to drive sales, visibility and efficiencies
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure effective implementation of online strategy.
- Manage goals and business processes to grow the eCom sales, including forecasting, pipeline management, and campaign planning.
Digital Marketing and Analytics :
- Devising strategies to drive online traffic and conversions on sigmaaldrich.com
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Track conversion rates and suggest improvements to the website.
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Instrument conversion points and optimizes user funnels
- Utilize a range of techniques including paid search and SEO.
- Oversee the social media strategy for the company.
- Manage online brand and product campaigns to raise brand awareness.
- Control the per customer acquisition costs
- Responsibility for planning and budgetary control of all digital marketing campaigns
- Responsible for web analytics reporting and automation
- Manage external vendors and ensure on-time, high quality deliverables
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Proven experience in managing eCOm sales
- Expert in Digital Marketing
- Very strong in Google Analytics
- Business Analytics Experience
- Presentation Skills - Ability to present and convey ideas to senior leadership team
- Ability to manage time, plans, projects and people effectively
- Ability to collaborate & work with multiple stakeholders