Merck Group - Data Scientist (2-5 yrs)
We are looking for a great data scientist to drive Digital Analytics at Merck Life science. You should be able to recommend design and develop state-of-the-art data-driven analysis using statistical & advanced analytics methodologies to solve business problems.
This is a highly visible role within the group as well as across the department. - You will be expected to balance strategic thinking with detailed execution and solid cross-functional collaborative results. You should be able to thrive in ambiguity - this is a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities.
Job Responsibility :
- Translate business objectives into analytic approaches, and identify data sources to support analysis.
- Analyze and model structured data using advanced statistical methods
- Perform exploratory data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data and identify patterns.
- Analyze data using R, open source packages and commercial/enterprise applications.
- Perform machine learning, Text analytics, and statistical analysis methods, such as classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and validation methods.
- Implement algorithms and software needed to perform analyses
- Communicate results and educate others through reports and presentations.
- 2 plus years working in a data-science role.
- Experience executing analyses and communicating results
- 2 plus years working with SQL or similar databases
- Experience in NLP, Machine learning and other such techniques, preferred
Knowledge and Skills :
- String communication and presentation skills
- Strong statistical skills in coding in R, Python, Ruby etc-
- Strong Analytical Skills
- SQL or similar databases experience
- Experience with Amazon AWS or Google Cloud Services preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Comfortable working in an iterative process where incremental results are critical
We have budget of 11 lacs for this role.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.