Merck Group - Data Scientist (2-5 yrs)
We are looking for a great data scientist to drive Digital Analytics at Merck Life science. You should be able to recommend design and develop state-of-the-art data-driven analysis using statistical & advanced analytics methodologies to solve business problems.
This is a highly visible role within the group as well as across the department. - You will be expected to balance strategic thinking with detailed execution and solid cross-functional collaborative results. You should be able to thrive in ambiguity - this is a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities.
Job Responsibility :
- Translate business objectives into analytic approaches, and identify data sources to support analysis.
- Analyze and model structured data using advanced statistical methods
- Perform exploratory data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data and identify patterns.
- Analyze data using R, open source packages and commercial/enterprise applications.
- Perform machine learning, Text analytics, and statistical analysis methods, such as classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and validation methods.
- Implement algorithms and software needed to perform analyses
- Communicate results and educate others through reports and presentations.
- 2 plus years working in a data-science role.
- Experience executing analyses and communicating results
- 2 plus years working with SQL or similar databases
- Experience in NLP, Machine learning and other such techniques, preferred
Knowledge and Skills :
- String communication and presentation skills
- Strong statistical skills in coding in R, Python, Ruby etc-
- Strong Analytical Skills
- SQL or similar databases experience
- Experience with Amazon AWS or Google Cloud Services preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Comfortable working in an iterative process where incremental results are critical
We have budget of 11 lacs for this role.