Mercados EMI - Senior Manager/Manager - Policy & Regulatory (7-18 yrs)
About the Role:
We seek an experienced professional with at least 5 years of relevant experience in the Power industry (esp. in Power Distribution/Power Purchase Management, Commercial & other Regulatory Issues). He shall utilize his/her expertise in taking lead in assignment execution, client relationship management, team mentoring and business development activities in the Policy & Regulatory segment under the Management Consulting vertical.
The 'Manager - Policy & Regulatory' is a mid-level position in the Company, and shall be a part of the dynamic, high performing team within our 'Management Consulting' division. As a key member of 'Policy & Regulatory", and reporting to the Director - Management Consulting, the key (broadly indicative) expectations from the Manager- Policy & Regulatory shall be as under:
- Lead, Plan, manage and carry out assignments, making optimum use of company resources to achieve high levels of client satisfaction.
- Mentoring the locational junior team by building cohesive environment and providing on-job training to the team members to achieve timelines deliverables quality.
- Generate new business leads and opportunities to meet agreed targets by building client relationships, identify business opportunities from new and existing clients, write and cost project proposals, make verbal and written client presentations and conduct appropriate follow-up to secure the business.
Role & Responsibilities :
- Should be able to do multi-tasking on assignments, BD responsibilities and be able to deliver in typical consulting environment.
- Should possess strong set of techno-commercial competencies, thought leadership and people leadership, client focus and relationship.
- Should have expertise in financial/tariff modelling of Power Utilities (especially power generation & coal supply/management business).
- Should have experience of supporting Distribution State/Private Utilities/ Electricity Departments for regulatory matters related to policy/ regulatory matters, tariff matters, regulatory due-diligence, power purchase, PPA scrutiny & review, commercial, techno-commercial aspects of business development in power distribution segment, change in-law, parallel licensing, renewable energy, bid evaluation and regulatory/statutory (EA 2003) compliances would be preferable.
- Should be able to do guide team / manage/ update crucial data base related Energy policies, regulatory framework, category wise tariff at different states, various orders approved by SERC/CERC/APTEL/ Supreme Court, etc. (Related to change in law, PPA, etc.), power market status, PPA & FSA status, demand/supply position, recently discovered RE tariffs, etc.
- Should be flexible to work in additional areas such as bid advisory, financial appraisal, performance monitoring, etc.
- Should have assisted multiple power sector clients such as Private/ State/ Central Generators/ Electricity Regulatory Commissions, Government & Private Power Utilities, electricity consumer associations.
- Should be updated about the latest trends/changes in the power sector regulatory scenario including the new policy notifications, Electricity Act Amendments, new Regulations, key judgements of higher courts, etc.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.