Assistant Manager HR at Mercados EMI
Views:876 Applications:103 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:100
Mercados EMI - Analyst - Power Trading - Shift Operations - Energy Portfolio Management Team (1-3 yrs)
Job title : Analyst - Power Trading (Shift Operations)
Reports to : Project Manager
Job Purpose :
To be a key member of the Uttar Pradesh Energy Portfolio Management team and ensure client satisfaction with the successful execution of the assignment.
Duties and Responsibilities :
Assistance in managing the trade-desk for the client/utility for sale/purchase of power in Power Exchange (PXs) instruments, maintaining trade details, analyzing real-time demand-supply gaps, and preparation of Bids for PXs
Major responsibilities include:
- Preparing bids for trade (Buy/Sell) in DAM, TAM and RTM platforms
- Monitoring and Analysis of Demand-Supply Gaps, Deviations in Schedules and Plant Outages on a real-time basis
- Scheduling of Generating Units based on merit order and using the dispatch optimization model
- Preparing and Maintaining daily buy/sell trade accounts/records through an established Database
- Supporting the Client in activities related to energy trading and accounting
- Must be willing to work in rotational shifts
Experience and Qualification :
- B. Tech in any stream from a reputed institute.
- 1-3 years of experience in Power Markets/Trading
- Hands-on experience in electricity trade using electricity market platforms at PXs for DAM/TAM/RTM trading (preferred)
- Understanding of Regulations related to Power Markets, Grid Code, Connectivity, Tariff, etc.
- Understanding of Energy Portfolio Management activities including Demand Forecasting, Scheduling, Power Sale/Purchase on Exchange Platforms
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite (including advanced Excel skills).
- Strong school academic record, 80% or above in both 10th and 12th - mandatory
Industry/Domain Skills :
- Good Understanding of Power Trading platforms
- Basic Understanding on Regulations related to Power Markets, Grid Code, Connectivity, Tariff
- Good Report writing and Excel Skills (Mandatory)
- Quick learner and interest for developing into power markets
- Good Communication Skills and ability to interact with multiple clients/stakeholders
- Experience in Power Markets, Power Systems, Regulatory or Power Sector Consultancy
Working conditions / Location :
- The base location would be Lucknow
- The applicant should be open to travel within and outside the country to manage Projects. He/ She should also be willing to relocate (if required) to other locations within the country based on project requirements.