Mensa Brands - Investment/Merger & Acquisition Role (3-6 yrs)
Investments & M&A Role
The role :
- This is a unique opportunity that offers a chance to pursue a career in investing and M&A within the environment of a fast-paced startup.
- You will be able to own deals end to end i.e., from origination to closure and also witness your investment thesis come alive as the operating teams pursue growth and profitability levers identified by you.
- You will be able to have a positive impact in strategizing and shaping the 'House' of brands being built by Mensa and be critical to its success
Role Expectations :
- Sourcing Leads: You will be required to engage with prospective consumer brands, actively network with founders, investment bankers and VCs to engage and attract the right set of assets for Mensa. You will need to keep abreast with market trends and have the ability to foresee future market trends;
- Deal Evaluation: Lead deal evaluation - perform commercial diligence around market/ competition/ unit economics; independently build and run detailed financial models and understand various outcome scenarios to ensure Mensa acquires assets that will generate attractive returns;
- Deal Execution: Manage multiple stakeholders i.e., within Mensa, external deal advisors as well as founders, to seamlessly ensure timely closure of transactions; the candidate is expected to be conversant with typical M&A deal terms and also help in negotiating key parts of the deal;
- Strategic Work: Engage on other strategic priorities as may be needed for Mensa including but not limited to assistance with portfolio brands post-acquisition on new initiatives, fundraising, investor relations etc.
Experience/Traits Required :
- Outstanding at building relationships
- A good network within the startup ecosystem in India (comprising founders, investment bankers and VCs)
- Strong business acumen and ability to research and analyse sub-sectors within the Consumer sector
- An eye for detail and ability to identify trends before they are widely recognized as such
- A high sense of ownership and willingness to pursue leads to closure
- Hustle, grit and relentlessness with a strong bias for action
- A keen interest in problem solving and first principle thinking
Experience/traits required :
- 3-6 years of experience in private equity firms, investment banks, management consulting outfits or M&A roles in high growth consumer facing companies/startups etc.
- Prior deal experience is a must
- Educational background such as, but not limited to, CA, IIT, IIM, ISB, BITS etc.
About Mensa Brands :
- Mensa is building a tech-led house of brands from India and for the world
- We partner with the best founders and help scale digital consumer brands exponentially through a combination of technology, e-commerce expertise and capital
- Our current brands span Fashion & Lifestyle, FMCG, Electronics and Home & Garden
- Mensa's offices are located in India (Bangalore, Mumbai and Delhi), USA, Abu Dhabi and Dubai