Meesho - Senior Manager - Shopping Experience (2-8 yrs)
Position - Sr. Manager - Shopping Experience
Why should you join Meesho?
Meesho is a leading social commerce marketplace enabling anyone to start their small business in India. Supported by world-renowned investors like YCombinator, Naspers (Now Prosus), and Facebook among others, Meesho has helped over 7 million Indians become entrepreneurs in their own right. From a large and trusted assortment of products to a customised feed for each entrepreneur, and 100% coverage of logistics, along with training and mentorship programmes, our priority is the success of our entrepreneurs. In fact, Making Entrepreneurs Successful is one of our company core values. But, don- t take our word for it.
To truly understand how Meesho has impacted the lives of entrepreneurs across the country, listen to what they have to say by clicking here. Meesho is Series D funded with a new investment round in 2019 led by South African company Naspers Ventures along with participation from Facebook and existing investors such as SAIF, Sequoia, Shunwei Capital, RPS, and Venture Highway. Meesho is headquartered in Bengaluru, India and was one of the three Indian companies to be selected for Y Combinator in 2016.
It was also a part of the first batch of Google Launchpad - Solve for India programme. Along with being the only Indian startup to make it to Fast Company's global list of Most Innovative Companies 2020, Meesho was also awarded Startup of the Year, 2020 at the Young Turk Awards, and ranked 24th in YCombinotor's top 100 places to work in 2021 - we made it to the list second time in a row. We fuel innovation while remaining deeply rooted in our great work culture that was painstakingly built by our CEO & Co-Founder Vidit Aatrey and CTO & Co-Founder Sanjeev Barnwal. Moreover, Meesho is certified as a Great Place to Work (GPTW) company, and has been declared as a - high trust- high-performance culture- by none other than GPTW, considered to be a global authority on workplace culture.
What makes the perfect candidate?
- We are looking for an excellent problem solver to gain a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to enhance the shopping experience for Meesho users. You will act as the co-owner for the GMV of the platform with autonomy to develop central strategy in collaboration with the category teams.
- You will work on cross-functional projects involving category management, product, design and growth teams to improve the active user to transaction funnel. The ideal candidate will have a B2C consumer internet experience in business/growth/strategy roles. The candidate will foster a strong user-first approach to problems and subsequent solutions. He/she will also have a strong experience of turning strategy into projects and drive KPIs with a diverse team.
Funnel Optimization :
- Identify opportunities across various customer touch points in the shopping funnel and drive projects to improve conversions
- Develop and execute plans to showcase the right products to drive conversions
- Own the customer experience on the app homepage to make navigation and discovery easier with a focus to improve conversions
- Develop and execute on initiatives to increase repeat purchase through marketing insights
- Create a framework to allocate traffic to appropriate real estates and portfolios to realize GMV and growth targets
- Constantly innovate on merchandising, keeping in mind relevant user needs - while benchmarking over key competitors.
User & Market Understanding :
- Deeply understand user behavior and develop new insights through data analysis, to enhance the users' shopping experience
- Stay on top of market trends and understand competition (both online and offline players) to find opportunities to improve conversions
People Leadership :
- Build, retain and groom a strong team to deliver across functions
- Set goals, define KPIs and lead a diverse team effectively
- Ability to connect with stakeholders across orgs & levels