Meesho - Operations Design Head - Supply Chain (9-14 yrs)
Role : Ops Design Head - Supply Chain
Location : Bangalore
Job Description :
- Meesho is looking to hire a Ops Design Head as a cross-functional problem-solver, who can impact the ecommerce space
- Every burgeoning company looks towards the operations team during times of expansion and Meesho is definitely doing exactly that. From sales to number of resellers and number of employees, we are currently focusing heavily on our core values of Thinking 10X and Making our Resellers Successful. Right now, more than ever, we are relying on our Operations team to take us to the next plane of excellence.
- Our Operations team, filled with talented problem solvers, is looking towards optimized direction from a leader who has experience thinking outside the box to solve the most dynamic problems while working in an e-commerce supply chain. From warehousing to city logistics and planning to operation of a control tower, and so much more, our young Operations team is zeroing in on many big issues and is prioritizing solving them.
Make an Impact :
- For a continued seamless flow within the delivery network that matches the likes of Amazon and Flipkart, we need a problem-solver waiting for the opportunity to make a huge impact in the e-commerce sphere. How, you ask? With no capex in the equation, we want to build a supply chain tailor-made to meet all the needs of our resellers through 3PL (Third-Party Logistics) network.
- To achieve this goal in the most cost-effective manner, while also improving the delivery experience we need world-class problem solvers who have a high bias for action. If you are a perfect fit for this role, you would also have strong analytical skills and experience in designing supply chains in an e-commerce atmosphere.
- We have to figure out how to cut down the cost- Can we improve order consolidation in the supply chain? Can we build capabilities like regional handovers so that we can leverage competencies of regionally strong partners? To improve performance, how do we increase the speed in the network? Should we open warehouses? If yes, where do we do that? To combat any issues with reliability how do we maintain multiple partners so that there is always a backup of steady supply as at the same pin code?
- Worst case scenario, how do we build in-house capabilities so as to deploy some sort of logistics, and manpower of our own instead of multiple partners going to the supplier many times a day?
- These are some of the problems that you will be expected to solve as a Process Designs Head.
- What Meesho expects from a Ops Design Head
- Harshit puts it simply, as a mix of problem solving and execution. - You have to set up things from ground-up. You will be the one to frame the problem and then take the solution from zero to one,- he says, adding, - even taking from zero to one and from one to ten will require you to manage a team, to run operations for that pilot before the beta launch.-
- The Ops Design Head will optimise an aspect of Operations until it can be handed over to someone else who will scale it at a pan-India level.
- Not only will this individual have to hold regular meetings with their own team, but ensure the smooth running of Operations, they will also need to have regular conversations, and hence a good working relationship with everyone in the company from Supplier Support to Delivery Partners. Harshit reinstates, It is a role with cross-functional requirements- .