Meesho - Lead - Internal Audit - Chartered Accountant (5-8 yrs)
Internal Audit Lead - Chartered Accountant
Why join Meesho:
- Meesho is building a disruptive distribution channel via social selling on WhatsApp, Facebook and other social channels. Meesho has so far enabled 15,000 suppliers and 2,000,000 resellers to start and grow their online business without any investment, providing tools around sourcing, logistics and payments. These social sellers are small retailers, housewives, students, retired citizens and many other aspiring entrepreneurs across India.
- Want to know how Meesho is impacting the lives of resellers across the country- Then hear it from our entrepreneurs here and about Meesho's four year journey here! Plus, we have an awesome work culture at Meesho. Have a look here.
- Meesho is Series D funded with a new investment round led by South African company Naspers Ventures along with participation from Facebook and existing investors such as SAIF, Sequoia, Shunwei Capital, RPS and Venture Highway. Meesho is headquartered in Bengaluru, India and was one of the three Indian companies to be selected for Y Combinator in 2016. It was also a part of the first batch of Google Launchpad - Solve for India programme.
- Define Internal Audit objectives, framework and audit plan
- Work with outsourced IA firm to execute the audit plan
- Communicate and provide assurance to Audit Committee on adequacy of internal controls, process gaps, if any and remedial measures
- Development, communication and deliverance of best practice internal audit guidelines and corporate governance
- Demonstrate industry expertise (deep understanding of the industry, emerging trends, issues / Challenges, key players and leading practices)
- Conducts risk assessment and identify controls in place to mitigate identified risks
- Work with Leadership, Statutory Auditors and other internal stakeholders
- Communication of concise, logical and deliverable information to the Operating teams and wider business to highlight issues and resolutions.
- Development of the function to enable it to effectively review and advise on wider business operations and share best practice internally
- Development and improvement of internal audit processes and procedures, in turn improving the quality and consistency of audits
What are we looking for-
- Chartered Accountant with 5 - 7 years of experience in the auditing field of major corporations and / or accounting firms
- 3+ years of internal audit experience, ideally with exposure to E-commerce
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong background and experience with audit methodologies and techniques
- Well versed with modern accounting systems, procedures and provisions of Companies Act,
- Income Tax Act, GST and other Laws relating to Corporate Audits
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills.