Meesho - Head - Design (12-18 yrs)
Head of Design
About the Role :
- In this role, you will own the design strategy, vision and execution for the whole of Meesho's businesses: Demand, Supply, Fulfillment & Experience, Ads (Monetization) & Superstore. You will lead 60+ (currently ~60) top class design workforce with multiple layers of leadership.
- Majority of your time would go into building a world class design team(hiring), building the design-first culture, best design and design management practices and delivering products at high velocity.
- You will lead the design team that plays a critical role in creating and delivering usable and delightful experiences across the product for our ~140 Mn Indian users & 17 Mn suppliers.
What You Will Do:
- Manage multi-layered large design team across multiple skills (Value: People centric workplace)Set vision and strategy for the team and drive executing the same.
- Hire and grow top talent. Collaborate with all internal teams (Talent Acquisition, Rewards etc) in making this happen.
- Build the culture of User first, Thinking 10X, Problem first mindset, Speed over perfection. (refer to Meesho's 9 values)
- Drive clarity, convergence and closure in cross organizational teams, projects.
- Collaborate with product, business and engineering leaders in execution and delivery.
- Mentor, teach and educate designers and leaders in your organization.
- Facilitate the delivery of high-quality work. Consistently works towards raising the bar in design
- Build Meesho into a design-first organization and contribute to attracting great design talent.
- Represent Meesho in all relevant external forums, channels etc.
What You will Need:
- 12+ years experience in top tier design companies with 5+ years of experience in leadership roles.
- Premier pedigree of education would be an added bonus.
- Should have managed 50+ team sizes via different layers of managers.
- Experience in a high scale tech environment and first hand experience in scaling things 10X to 100X.
- Deep expertise in the B2C & B2B domain.
- Should be technically sound and have a good understanding of industry best practices for design choices.
- Should have a keen eye for details.
- Strong decision making ability.
- Proven experience in shipping high quality designs in record breaking timelines.
- Proven experience in grooming leaders across levels, building loyal design organization and in attracting top tier design talent.
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.