Meesho - Credit Risk Officer (5-10 yrs)
Credit Risk Officer
- Lending is going to be our primary focus in this phase of our FS journey, and risk management is at the core of building any sustainable credit business at scale. Herein also lies potentially our biggest challenge for Meesho users: How do we assess risk for customers without any credit history? How can we leverage alternative information to better profile our users? How can we leverage our platform uniquely to create a sustained competitive advantage?
- Furthermore, as we build more products to launch on our platform, we will continue to work with lending partners who will anchor any credit products.
- The Credit Risk Officer will create, operationalize, and evolve our risk strategy alongside leading all our lender partnerships.
- Staying true to Meesho's vision of building for Bharat, you will be expected to find innovative ways and leverage alternate data sources to profile and assess millions of customers and entrepreneurs from across the nation many of whom will be new to credit. Your work will help them access formal credit sources and promote financial inclusion.
What You Will Do :
Create and evolve credit policies :
- Work closely with business team and lenders to define Meeshos credit policies.
- Ensure correct implementation of credit policy in own, vendor, and partner platforms.
- Propose policy renewals and improvement basis both internal signals and external benchmarking
Develop credit risk assessment models :
- Create and operationalize risk models for credit underwriting, limit assessment, pricing, line management, and collections for Meesho consumers and sellers.
- Manage the model through its lifecycle and lead the refinement and evolution of the model and outputs over time.
Liaise with internal and external stakeholders :
- Lead discussions with banks/lenders for partnerships
- Develop revenue and risk sharing constructs.
- Manage discussions and processes with internal stakeholders, including legal, infosec, FinOps etc.
What You Will Need :
- 5+ years of experience in risk modeling and credit policy making preferably using alternate data sources
- Experience at a bank and credit card products will be preferred
- Experience with developing risk analytics and data science models
- Entrepreneurial mindset that can design and drive experiments to innovate and push boundaries
- Bias for output oriented and fast-paced work environment
- Above all, we are looking for highly motivated creative problem solvers with can-do attitude
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.