Meesho - Category Manager - IIT/NIT/BITS (3-5 yrs)
Meesho: Category Manager (IIT/NIT/BITS)
- Meesho's Hiring A Category Manager. Hop on board if you have it in you Wanted to join an extremely fast-paced e-commerce company impacting millions of Indians across the country? Then you have come to the right place. We are looking to hire dynamic, open minded, self starters who enjoy Business Leadership roles and would love to build a category- at Meesho.
Ready to hustle?
- Then let's hear it first from one of our Category Managers, on how a day in her life looks like at Meesho
- As a Category Manager (CM), I have to handle both the demand and supply side of the business. Not only am I looking at what resellers want to sell but I also have to ensure that all of that is showcased at best prices on the app and a lot of choices are shown to the customers.
- Parallely, you have to ensure that you are also building a profitable business.
- The P&L (profit and loss account) is also ultimately owned by a CM. You are constantly not only trying to drive value to your resellers and making sure that the number of resellers transacting in your portfolio keep on increasing, but also that your suppliers continue to thrive.-
What we are looking for?
1. Growth champion : You will drive marketplace growth of relevant categories, keeping in mind the consumer and the competition.
2. Goal oriented : You will own the P&L (profit and loss) statement for the relevant categories in alignment with business goals.
3. Target achiever : As a category manager you will be responsible for revenue targets as well as gross margins.
4. Planner : You will be responsible for merchandising, assortment planning, option planning pre-season and in season to ensure a thorough representation of your category.
5. Trendspotter : You should be able to identify broader trends and fill in category gaps.
6. Multitasker : You should be able to coordinate with marketing, supply chain, cataloguing, finance, commercial and other functions of the organisation
7. Operations genie : You should have prior experience or knowledge and confidence to mentor/supervise merchandising operations - including the management of cataloguing and discount monitoring.
8. Marketing genius : You should be able to drive visibility plans, promotion plans, and coordinate between the internal marketing teams and that of sellers.
Who we are looking for?
- Graduates from preferably Tier -1 - Colleges (IIT/IIM/BITS/ISB)
- With at least three+ years of experience
- A startup culture fit. Willingness to learn, innovate, take initiatives, think beyond what is conventional and accepted and the ability to work in a flat organisation
- A strong analytical aptitude in problem solving Basically we are looking at hustlers!
- A multi tasker, critical thinker and a tactical executioner
- With a proven track record of finding innovative solutions to business problems
But why join Meesho?
- Meesho is building a disruptive distribution channel via social selling on WhatsApp, Facebook and other social channels. Meesho has so far enabled 15,000 suppliers and 2,000,000 resellers to start and grow their online business minus any investment, providing tools around sourcing, logistics and payments. These social sellers are small retailers, housewives, students, retired citizens and many other aspiring entrepreneurs across India.
- Want to know how Meesho is impacting the lives of resellers across the country, then hear it from our entrepreneurs here and about Meesho's four year journey here! Plus, did you know we have an awesome work culture at Meesho.
- Meesho is Series D funded with a new investment round led by South African company Naspers Ventures along with participation from Facebook and existing investors such as SAIF, Sequoia, Shunwei Capital, RPS and Venture Highway. Meesho is headquartered in Bengaluru, India and was one of the three Indian companies to be selected for Y Combinator in 2016. It was also a part of the first batch of Google Launchpad - Solve for India programme.