Meesho - Category Head - Insurance Domain - IIT/IIM/BITS (2-7 yrs)
About Meesho :
Meesho is building a disruptive social distribution channel via social sellers selling on WhatsApp, Facebook and other social channels. Meesho has so far enabled 10,00,000+ social sellers across 800+ towns to start and grow their online business, with tools around sourcing, logistics and payments. These social sellers are small retailers, housewives, students, teachers, working professionals, retired citizens and many other aspiring entrepreneurs across India.
Meesho is Series C funded by SAIF Partners, Sequoia Capital, DST Global, Shunwei Capital, Y Combinator & Venture Highway.
We are looking for dynamic, open minded self-starters who enjoy Business Leadership roles and would like to build a new business line in an extremely fast growing commerce company impacting millions of Indians.
About the Role :
- Category Creation : Identifying demand side use cases, insurance products, and business model that fit in the social selling ecosystem.
- Business Development : Partnering with relevant businesses in the insurance ecosystem for propelling category initiation and scale.
- Cross Functional Capabilities : Should be able to fruitfully coordinate with marketing, supply chain, cataloging, finance / commercial and other functions of the organization.
- PnL : Owning P&L for the insurance category in alignment with business goals. The Category manager would be responsible for the revenue targets as well as the gross margins.
What we look for :
- Graduate from a Tier-1 College (IIT/IIM/BITS)
- 2+ yrs of work experience in the insurance domain
- Startup Cultural Fit : willingness to learn, to innovate, to take initiative, to persevere, to think beyond conventional dogma, ability to work in a flat organisation
- Strong analytical aptitude in problem solving
- Should be good at multitasking, critical thinking, and comfortable with tactical execution
- Proven track record of finding innovative solutions to business problem