Meesho - Business Analyst (1-3 yrs)
About the Role :
- Create various algorithms for optimizing demand & supply data
- Data analysis and solution building based on insights capture from data
- Responsible for giving insights to management and help in strategic planning
- Analyse metrics, key indicators and other available data sources to discover root causes of process defects
- Support business development and help to create efficient designs and solution processes
- Determine efficient utilization of resources
- Actively engage with internal partners throughout the organization to meet and exceed customer service levels & transport-related KPI's.
- Research and implement cost reduction opportunities.
- Excellent problem-solving, task prioritization, follow-up, and customer service skills
What we look for :
- 2+ yr of experience as Business Analyst
- Proficiency in Advanced Excel and Advanced SQL (must-have), Python is Plus
- Understanding of basic statistics and probability concepts
- Cultural fit: Structured problem-solving skills. Willingness to experiment.
- Ability to work in a flat hierarchy. Excellent communication skills
Meesho Profile :
Meesho is India's largest social commerce platform, on a mission to enable anyone to start their businesses with zero investment. Our entrepreneurs largely comprise housewives in the age group of 25-45 from middle income households and / or tier 2+ India. Our marketplace provides entrepreneurs with the right supply across 100+ categories, logistics, and payment capabilities to successfully run their business. Furthermore, our social sharing integrations with Whatsapp, Facebook and Instagram enable our entrepreneurs to monetize their large social network such as friends, family, neighbours and their larger social network.
Our Vision :
- We are on a mission to enable small businesses and individuals to start a business online without any investment.
Why is this our Vision?
- Small businesses are the backbone of India's economy with 90% of all GDP contribution, but they are still offline and have struggled to become successful online.
- We believe that India's economy will truly be digitised when small businesses become successful online and we want to enable that revolution.
Our Mission :
- Enable anyone to start their online business, without any investment.
Our Story :
- Meesho was started by Vidit Aatrey and Sanjeev Barnwal with the idea to enable mom & pop stores to sell online. Later they realised their primary users were actually sellers who did not own a shop, but used to sell in their social network. The founders quickly realised that this is how small businesses will work in the future and built a product to democratise social commerce and enable literally anyone to start their own venture. The founders quickly pivoted to enabling social sellers/entrepreneurs monetise their network by providing supply, logistics and payments infrastructure. Today Meesho has helped ~7M entrepreneurs start their business.
- Meesho, along with leading e-commerce growth, is also fueling economic growth by creating a new source of income and novel business profile across India. We have empowered more than ~7M entrepreneurs by providing them an opportunity to earn their livelihood. We have enabled housewives, young mothers, aspiring entrepreneurs, students, teachers and even retired people to launch, build, and promote their online business by creating an alternate distribution channel. And all of this without any investment - a problem that most people in lower income groups face in India.
- Meesho is Series D funded with an investment round led by South African company Prosus (previously known as Naspers) along with participation from Facebook and existing investors such as Elevation Capital (previously SAIF Partners), Sequoia, Shunwei Capital, RPS and Venture Highway in 2019. We have raised $190M till date.
- Meesho is headquartered in Bengaluru, India and was one of the three Indian companies to be selected for Y Combinator in 2016. It was also a part of the first batch of Google Launchpad - Solve for India programme. In 2018 and 2019 (for two consecutive years), Meesho was named by LinkedIn as LinkedIn India's Top 25 Startups - 2019 to work for based on top talent pull, jobseeker interest and levels of professional engagement with its employees. Meesho has also featured on Y Combinator's Top Companies List 2019 and its recent 2021 list, has made it to Fast Company's The World's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2020 and was declared as The Young Turks Startup of the Year at The India Business Leaders Awards 2020 by CNBC TV-18.